This document outlines the obligations, expectations, and payment details of both parties.
Here, you can download, edit, and personalize this agreement to suit your specific needs, ensuring a smooth and successful tutoring relationship.
1. PARTIESThis Tutoring Services Agreement (“Agreement”) is entered into between [Insert Full Tutor Name] the “Tutor”, and [Insert Full Student Name + Parent/Guardian Name if student is a minor] the “Student”. Each a “Party” and together the “Parties”.
2. TUTORING SERVICESThe Tutor agrees to provide tutoring services to the Student in the subject of [Insert Subject(s) Name]. The Tutor will prepare lessons to meet the student’s individual needs and to enhance understanding and application of the subject.
3. DURATION OF SERVICESThe Tutoring Services shall commence on [Insert Start Date] and continue until [Insert End Date] unless otherwise terminated in accordance with this Agreement. Each tutoring session will last approximately [Insert Duration of Session].
4. FEES AND PAYMENTThe Student agrees to pay the Tutor a fee of [Insert Amount] per hour. Payment is due in advance of each session. If payment is not received prior to the start of the session, the Tutor may cancel that session.
5. SCHEDULING AND CANCELLATION POLICYTutoring sessions will occur on [Insert Day(s)] at [Insert Time]. If the Student needs to cancel or reschedule a session, he/she must give at least 24 hours’ notice. If less than 24 hours’ notice is given, the Student will be charged for the full session.
6. TUTOR’S OBLIGATIONSThe Tutor commits to preparing thoroughly for each tutoring session, to be punctual, to act in a professional and respectful manner, and to strive for the academic success of the Student.
7. STUDENT’S OBLIGATIONSThe Student commits to attend each session punctually, complete all necessary work to the best of their ability, communicate effectively with the Tutor regarding any difficulties they may be facing, and act in a respectful and professional manner at all times.
8. CONFIDENTIALITYThe Tutor will keep all personal information of the Student confidential and will not disclose such information to any third party without the prior written consent of the Student.
9. TERMINATIONEither Party may terminate this Agreement with written notice. If the Student terminates the Agreement, any prepaid fees for sessions not yet taken will be refunded. If the Tutor terminates the Agreement, the Student will only be charged for sessions completed.
10. INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR RELATIONSHIPThe Tutor is an independent contractor, and nothing in this Agreement is intended to, or should be construed to, create a partnership, agency, joint venture, or employment relationship.
11. DISPUTE RESOLUTIONAny disputes arising out of or relating to this Agreement shall first be resolved by mediation, if possible. If not resolved by mediation, the dispute will be resolved by arbitration.
12. GOVERNING LAWThis Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of [Insert Jurisdiction].
13. ENTIRE AGREEMENTThis Agreement contains the entire agreement of the Parties with respect to the subject matter of this Agreement, and supersedes all prior negotiations, agreements, and understandings.
14. AMENDMENTThis Agreement may only be amended or modified by a written document executed by both Parties.
15. SIGNATURESBy signing below, both Parties acknowledge that they have read, understood, and agree to the terms and conditions of this Agreement. __________________________ ________________
[Insert Tutor Name] Date
[Insert Student+Parent/Guardian Name] Date
Other Useful ContractsIf you find the Tutoring Services Agreement beneficial, you might also be interested in the Consulting Services Agreement. This agreement will be particularly handy if you are a consultant or a business in need of consultation services. The agreement ensures that both parties understand their responsibilities and rights, helping to maintain a professional relationship.
Another relevant template might be the Business Coach Agreement. If you are an entrepreneur seeking guidance to navigate the complexities of your industry or a coach offering your expertise, this document provides an effective framework for your working relationship. It outlines details like payment terms, confidentiality, and termination conditions, among others.
Aside from tutoring and coaching, if you are engaged in other types of creative work such as graphic design, a Graphic Designer Agreement is also a vital resource. This contract clearly states the terms and conditions between the designer and client, ensuring that both parties are legally protected.
If your teaching or learning involves proprietary information or intellectual property, then the Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA) should definitely be on your radar. It’s a legal contract between at least two parties outlining confidential material the parties wish to share for certain purposes but restrict from wider use. An NDA establishes a confidential relationship to protect any type of proprietary information or trade secrets.