They outline the responsibilities of both parties, maintaining a clear understanding of expectations.
On this page, you can download, edit, and adapt our Translator Agreement word document to best fit your individual needs. Whether you’re a freelance translator or a multinational enterprise, this document ensures all your translation projects proceed smoothly and professionally.
1. Agreement DefinitionThis Agreement (“Contract”) is made as of [Date], between [Translator’s Full Name], hereinafter referred to as the “Translator”, and [Client’s Full Name], hereinafter referred to as the “Client”.
2. Description of ServicesThe Translator agrees to provide professional translation services (“Services”) for the Client, which include the translation of the specified work from the source language to the target language. The specific scope of the Services will be more specifically defined in each Statement of Work.
3. ConfidentialityThe Translator agrees to keep all the information related to the Services confidential and shall not disclose any such information to any third party without the prior written consent of the Client. This confidentiality obligation shall survive the termination of this Contract.
4. Delivery Dates and DeadlinesThe Translator agrees to complete the Services as per the delivery dates and deadlines provided by the Client. The Translator shall notify the Client immediately if there is any possibility of delay in meeting the deadlines.
5. PaymentThe Client shall pay the Translator for the Services at the rate of [Rate] per word. The Client shall make payment within [Number of Days] from the date of receipt of an invoice from the Translator.
6. Corrections and RevisionsThe Translator shall perform, without additional charge, any corrections or revisions required by the Client due to errors or omissions on the part of the Translator. The Client shall have the right to request such corrections or revisions within [Number of Days] from the delivery of the translated work.
7. Ownership of Translated MaterialsUpon receipt of the full payment from the Client, the ownership of the translated materials shall be transferred to the Client. The Translator shall have no right to use, reproduce, or distribute the translated materials without the prior written consent of the Client.
8. TerminationEither party may terminate this Contract by giving [Number of Days] written notice to the other party. In case of termination by the Client, the Client shall pay the Translator for the work completed up to the date of termination.
9. Force MajeureIn the event of a delay in performance due to unforeseen circumstances beyond the control of the Translator, the Translator shall not be liable for any loss or damage caused to the Client as a result of such delay.
10. Governing Law and JurisdictionThis Contract shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of [Governing Law]. Any disputes arising out of or in connection with this Contract shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of [Jurisdiction].
11. Entire AgreementThis Contract contains the entire agreement between the Translator and the Client and supersedes all prior oral or written agreements, understandings, or arrangements.
12. AmendmentsAny amendments to this Contract must be in writing and signed by both parties.
[Translator’s Full Name] [Client’s Full Name]
Other Useful ContractsWhile a Translator Agreement ensures the proper exchange of services between a translator and their client, there are several other contractual agreements that cater to different freelance or professional services.
For instance, a Graphic Designer Agreement is an indispensable tool for graphic designers seeking to protect their rights while providing their services. This legally binding contract outlines the scope of the project, remuneration details, intellectual property rights, and confidentiality clauses (if necessary). Therefore, it’s crucial for independent graphic designers or graphic designing firms to employ such agreements in their dealings.
Simultaneously, in the realm of web development, a Software Developer Agreement is cardinal. Whether you’re a solo developer or a software development company, this contract will guarantee your legal and financial protection. It outlines responsibilities, timelines, project specifics, and payment terms. Essentially, it provides a clear roadmap for the project while safeguarding your interests.
Moreover, a Voice Over Artist Agreement is vital for artists in the voice-over industry. This contract ensures that the artist’s work is correctly valued and protected. It covers the scope of work, rate of pay, and conditions regarding potential royalties. Consequently, voice-over artists would find such agreements indispensable in their career.
Lastly, an Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA) is a universal document used in various industries to protect sensitive business information from being disclosed. Whether it’s a new product design or proprietary software code, an NDA ensures that parties privy to confidential information can’t divulge it. This document can be vital in settings where preserving confidentiality is paramount.