1. PartiesThis Lease Agreement (“Agreement”) is entered into this ________ day of ________, 20_____, (the “Effective Date”), by and between __________________, a ______________ corporation, with a business address at ________________, (the “Lessor”) and _______________, a _____________ corporation, with a business address at _____________, (the “Lessee”).
2. PremisesLessor hereby leases to Lessee the premises located at __________, including all fixtures and improvements thereon (the “Premises”). The Premises will be used for the purpose of theatrical performances and related activities.
3. TermThe initial term of this Lease will commence on __________ and will continue until __________, unless sooner terminated as provided herein.
4. RentLessee shall pay to Lessor the sum of $_____ per month, due on the first day of each calendar month.
5. Security DepositUpon execution of this Agreement, Lessee will deposit with Lessor the sum of $_____ as security for Lessee’s faithful performance of its obligations under this Lease.
6. Use of PremisesThe Premises will be used for the operation of a theater and related uses, and for no other purpose without the prior written consent of Lessor.
7. Repair and MaintenanceLessee will, at its sole cost and expense, keep the Premises and all appurtenances in good and sanitary order and repair.
8. InsuranceLessee shall maintain, at its own cost, liability insurance in an amount not less than $______ per occurrence.
9. DefaultIf Lessee fails to comply with any of the material provisions of this Lease or of any present rules and regulations, Lessor may terminate this Lease upon providing Lessee with a notice of default and the opportunity to cure the default.
10. Governing LawThis Lease shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the state of ______.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, the parties have executed this Lease as of the Effective Date. ______________________ ______________________ Lessor’s Signature Lessee’s Signature ______________________ ______________________ Print Name Print Name ______________________ ______________________ Date Date
Note: The provisions of this agreement should be reviewed by legal counsel. The laws governing lease agreements vary by state and this template may not comply with all state laws. This document is not intended to be a substitute for legal advice or a legal opinion.
Other Useful ContractsIf you found the Theater lease agreement template useful, you might also consider checking out the Cinema lease agreement template. This template can be quite beneficial for those intending to lease a space specifically for movie showings, combining the elements of theater performance space and specific provisions for cinema operations. Cinema Lease agreements often have unique considerations, including projector spaces, screen locations, and sometimes even provisions for concession stands.
Another related legal document that can be beneficial in the world of entertainment is an Event space rental agreement template. If you’re looking to host events at your theater or rent out a different venue for a special event, this template will fit your needs. Event spaces can be used for various purposes including performances, parties, or corporate events. This agreement template covers all the necessary bases, from rent payment terms to liability waivers and cancellation policies.
While managing a theater, you might also find it relevant to consider a Commercial real estate purchase agreement. If you’re looking to buy a property for your theater operations or contemplate expanding your business by purchasing additional premises, this template could be crucial to ensure a smooth transaction. It includes clauses that cover purchase price, earnest money deposits, inspections, disclosures, and closing conditions. Such an agreement is an essential part of commercial property transactions.
Lastly, if your theater operates within a larger commercial area like a shopping mall or shared commercial building, you may find the Commercial sublease agreement template helpful. This document would be appropriate if you wanted to sublet a portion of your leased space to another business – perhaps a cafe or bookstore that complements your theater operations. This template provides all the necessary guidelines and stipulations to help safeguard your interests during such an arrangement.