This agreement includes specifications on confidentiality, intellectual property rights, warranties, indemnification, and other important aspects.
On this page, we provide a downloadable Software Developer Agreement in a Word document format. It is designed to be easily editable so you can adapt it to fit your specific needs. Download the contract and secure your software development business today!
1. DEFINITIONSFor the purposes of this Agreement, the definitions mentioned herein will apply: “Materials” refers to any and all items provided by Client Name to Developer Name, including but not limited to software, source code, documents, designs, and specifications. “Services” means the software development services Developer Name is to provide as described in Exhibit A. “Work Product” means the deliverables Developer Name is to create and deliver as described in Exhibit A.
2. SERVICES AND DELIVERABLESDeveloper Name agrees to perform the Services and to create and deliver the Work Product to Client Name. The Services will be performed, and the Work Product will be delivered, in accordance with the timeframes specified in Exhibit A. Developer Name will devote sufficient time and resources to perform the Services and create and deliver the Work Product in a professional and workmanlike manner, consistent with industry standards.
3. COMPENSATIONIn consideration for the Services, Client Name agrees to pay Developer Name the fees set forth in Exhibit B. Unless otherwise provided in Exhibit B, Developer Name will invoice Client Name for the Services monthly, and such invoices will be due and payable within 30 days of receipt.
4. PROPRIETARY RIGHTSExcept as otherwise provided in this Agreement, Developer Name will own all right, title, and interest in and to the Work Product, including all Intellectual Property Rights therein. Client Name will have a nonexclusive, royalty-free license to use the Work Product for its internal business purposes.
5. CONFIDENTIALITYBoth Client Name and Developer Name agree to keep confidential and not to disclose to any third party any proprietary or confidential information received from the other party, unless the disclosing party gives written consent.
6. WARRANTIESDeveloper Name warrants that the Services will be performed in a professional and workmanlike manner, consistent with industry standards. Developer Name further warrants that the Work Product will not infringe on any third party’s Intellectual Property Rights.
7. INDEMNIFICATIONDeveloper Name agrees to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Client Name from any and all claims, losses, liabilities, damages, expenses, and costs (including attorneys’ fees and court costs) resulting from Developer Name‘s breach of this Agreement, including any breach of the warranties set forth in Section 6.
8. TERMINATIONEither party may terminate this Agreement upon written notice if the other party breaches any material term of this Agreement and fails to cure that breach within 30 days after receipt of written notice.
9. GOVERNING LAW AND VENUEThis Agreement will be governed by the laws of Country, without regard to its conflict of laws principles. The parties consent to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of the courts located in City, State.
10. ENTIRE AGREEMENTThis Agreement, including Exhibit A and Exhibit B, constitutes the entire agreement between the parties with respect to the subject matter hereof and supersedes all prior agreements or understandings between the parties.
SIGNATURES: ______________________________ ______________________________ Client Name Developer Name Date: __________________ Date: __________________
[print_posts post=”POST_ID OR LEAVE EMPTY” pdf=”yes” print=”yes” word=”yes”]
Other Useful ContractsIf you found the Software Developer Agreement beneficial, there are also other legal templates available on the same site that you may find valuable. For instance, a IT Support Services Agreement which is pivotal in establishing terms and conditions between IT service providers and clients. This agreement ensures all parties understand their responsibilities, duties, and know the charges related to the services being offered.
In addition, if you are keen on creating online content, a Content Writer Agreement could be essential for your needs. This agreement clearly outlines the relationship between a writer and their client, ensuring both are protected in terms of copyrights and payments. This agreement guarantees that the writer not only gets paid for their work, but also that they understand what their client expects from them.
On the other hand, if you are in need of graphic design services, having a Graphic Designer Agreement in place can help create a smoother working relationship. This contract will outline the responsibilities of both parties, payment terms, timelines for work to be completed, and ownership rights.
Lastly, protecting your intellectual property is vital in this digital age. The Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA) offers a solid foundation to ensure your proprietary information stays confidential. It sets the rules on what information can and cannot be shared outside of the parties involved in the agreement. Be sure to use one when disclosing sensitive information to safeguard your business interests.