1. PartiesThis Residential Lease Agreement (the “Agreement”) is entered into this ____ day of _____, 20____ (the “Effective Date”) by and between __________ (the “Landlord”), and __________ (the “Tenant”).
2. PremisesThe Landlord rents out the premises located at ___________ (the “Property”). The Property will be used for residential purposes only.
3. TermThe initial term of this Lease begins on ________, 20______ and ends on ________, 20______. Thereafter, the Lease will continue on a month-to-month basis until either the Landlord or the Tenant terminates this Agreement.
4. RentThe monthly rent for the Property is ___________ dollars ($______) payable on the first day of each calendar month.
5. Security DepositUpon execution of this Agreement, the Tenant will deposit with the Landlord the sum of ________ dollars ($______) as security for any damage caused to the Property during the term of the Agreement.
6. Repairs and MaintenanceThe Tenant will keep the Property in clean, sanitary, and good condition. The Tenant will notify the Landlord promptly of any damage to the Property.
7. InsuranceThe Tenant is responsible for having sufficient insurance to cover all personal property located on the Property. The Landlord will not be responsible for any loss of Tenant’s personal property.
8. DefaultIf the Tenant fails to comply with any of the material provisions of this Agreement, or if any of the information provided by Tenant is found to be false, the Landlord may terminate this Agreement upon providing proper notice to the Tenant.
9. TerminationUpon termination of this Agreement, the Tenant will return the Property and all property of the Landlord in a clean and good condition, ordinary wear and tear excepted.
10. Governing LawThis Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the state of _______. LANDLORD:
_________________ The parties have executed this Lease as of the Effective Date.
When entering into a rental agreement, it’s crucial to have a clear, straightforward contract that both parties understand. Our simple lease agreement template is designed for just this purpose, offering a no-fuss, easy-to-understand structure that covers all the basics.
More specific rental situations may require a tailored approach. For example, if you’re planning to lease space for your elderly parent or other family member in your own property, our granny flat agreement template is designed to cover this unique living arrangement, taking the guesswork out of the process.
If you find yourself needing to terminate a lease earlier than anticipated, we provide an early termination of lease agreement template, which can be utilized to professionally and legally navigate these circumstances and protect both parties involved.
In some instances, you don’t want to lease but offer an option for the tenant to purchase the property. In this case, using our option to purchase agreement template would be more suitable. This document allows for tenants to have the option of buying the property at a later date under pre-discussed conditions.