This easily downloadable, editable template will speed up and simplify the process of renting out your property.
You are free to adapt the language of this agreement to fit your specific needs.
Discover how our room rental agreement template can provide peace of mind for both landlords and tenants in North Dakota.
ROOM RENTAL AGREEMENTTHIS AGREEMENT is made and entered into this ________day of ___________, 20____(the “Effective Date”) by and between ___________(the “Landlord”) and ___________(the “Tenant”).
1. PREMISESThe Landlord rents to the Tenant and the Tenant rents from the Landlord the premises located at ____________. The premises will be used for residential purposes only.
2. TERMThe initial term of this Lease is for ________, beginning on __________ and ending on __________. Thereafter, the Lease will continue on a month-to-month basis until either the Landlord or the Tenant terminate this Agreement with written notice.
3. RENTThe monthly rent for the Lease is $___________. This amount must be paid on the 1st day of each calendar month.
4. SECURITY DEPOSITUpon the due execution of this Agreement, Tenant will deposit with Landlord the sum of $________ as security for any damage caused to the Premises during the term hereof.
5. USE OF PREMISESThe premises shall not be used at any time during the term of this Agreement by Tenant for the purpose of carrying on any business, profession, or trade of any kind, or for any purpose other than as a private single-family dwelling.
6. REPAIR AND MAINTENANCETenant will keep the premises and all items therein in good, clean, and sanitary condition. The Tenant will notify the Landlord promptly of any damage to the premises.
7. INSURANCETenant is responsible for having sufficient insurance to cover all personal property located on the Property. Landlord will not be responsible for any loss of Tenant’s personal property.
8. DEFAULTIf Tenant fails to comply with any of the material provisions of this Agreement, or of any present rules and regulations governing the premises, Landlord may terminate this Agreement upon providing proper notice to Tenant.
9. TERMINATIONUpon termination of this Agreement, Tenant will return the premises and all property of Landlord in a clean and undamaged condition.
10. GOVERNING LAWThis Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the state of North Dakota.
The parties hereby indicate by their signatures below that they have read and agree with the terms and conditions of this Agreement in its entirety.
Landlord’s Signature Date
Tenant’s Signature Date
Please note that this Agreement is to be used as a guide and can be modified to fit the Landlord’s specific situation. It is advised to seek legal council to ensure all North Dakota laws are being abided by, including the North Dakota Century Code Title 47, Chapter 47-16, which governs rental agreements and landlord and tenant relationships.
This Room Rental Agreement is not intended to replace legal advice, it is a legal binding contract once it is signed and if there are any disputes or things you do not understand you should consult with an attorney.
If you’re in need of a Room Rental Agreement Template specifically for North Dakota, you’ve come to the right place. But wait, there’s more! We also have other templates that can help you navigate the complex world of real estate and property management.
For those looking to purchase a property, you might find our Contract for Deed Template and our Contract for Sale of Real Estate helpful. They will guide you through the legal requirements specific to North Dakota.
If you’re planning on renting out your property, on the other hand, consider our Contract for Rental Property North Dakota and our Commercial Lease Agreement Template as essential tools to protect your interests.
Finally, to ensure your tenants abide by stipulated rules and conditions during their stay, an Occupancy Agreement Template will come in handy. It’s an excellent resource that can aid in maintaining good landlord-tenant relationships.
In summary, here are all our related resources: