ROOM RENTAL AGREEMENTThis Room Rental Agreement (the “Agreement”) effective this __ day of ____, 20__ (the “Effective Date”), is entered into by and between _________________ (the “Landlord”) and _________________ (the “Tenant”).
1. PROPERTY:The Landlord rents to the Tenant and the Tenant rents from the Landlord, the premises located at ___________. The premises will be used for residential purposes only. The specific space to be occupied by the Tenant is ____________ (the “Room”).
2. TERM:The term of this Lease is for ________, beginning on _________ and ending on __________.
3. RENT:The monthly rent for the Room is $______, payable on the first day of each calendar month.
4. SECURITY DEPOSIT:Upon the execution of this Agreement, Tenant will deposit with Landlord the sum of $______ as security for any damage caused to the Room during the term hereof.
5. USE OF COMMON AREAS:The Tenant will have access to use the common areas of the property which include the __________. Such areas shall be used for their intended purpose and shall not be used for storage or any other purpose.
6. REPAIR AND MAINTENANCE:The Tenant will keep the Room clean, sanitary, and in good condition. Any damage to the Room will be repaired at Tenant’s expense.
7. INSURANCE:The Tenant is responsible for having sufficient insurance to cover all personal property located on the property. The Landlord will not be responsible for any damage to the Tenant’s personal property.
8. QUIET ENJOYMENT:The Tenant will conduct him or herself, and require other persons on the property with Tenant’s consent, to conduct themselves in a manner that will not disturb others’ peaceful enjoyment of the property.
9. DEFAULT:If Tenant fails to comply with any of the material provisions of this Agreement, or of any present rules and regulations governing the premises, Landlord may terminate this Agreement upon providing proper notice to Tenant.
10. GOVERNING LAW:This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
11. ENTIRE AGREEMENT:This Agreement contains the entire agreement of the parties and there are no other promises, conditions, understandings or other agreements, whether oral or written, relating to the subject matter of this Agreement. IN WITNESS WHEREOF, the parties have executed this Room Rental Agreement as of the Effective Date. ______________________ ________________________
Landlord Signature Tenant Signature ______________________ ________________________
Printed Name Printed Name ______________________ ________________________
The Room Rental Agreement Template Massachusetts is a crucial document for anyone looking to rent out a room in this state. However, it’s not the only legal document you might need.
If you plan to sell or buy a property on a deed basis, the Contract for Deed Template Massachusetts will come in handy. For the broad rental of properties, you might want to check out the Contract for Rental Property Massachusetts.
Thinking of a more comprehensive agreement for your real estate transactions? Have a look at the Contract for Sale of Real Estate in Massachusetts template. But if you’re dealing with commercial leases, the Commercial Lease Agreement Template Massachusetts is your best bet.
Finally, for occupancy concerns, turn to the Occupancy Agreement Template Massachusetts. All these templates together form a comprehensive set of legal resources for any kind of property dealings in Massachusetts.