1. Identification of Parties and PremisesThis Agreement is made and entered into this day of [Date], by and between [Landlord’s Full Legal Name], residing at [Landlord’s Full Address], hereinafter referred to as “Landlord,” and [Tenant’s Full Legal Name], residing at [Tenant’s Full Address], hereinafter referred to as “Tenant.” The premises are located at [Property Full Address], Hawaii, with the following inclusions and/or exclusions [Inclusions/Exclusions].
2. Term of LeaseThe initial term of this Lease will begin on [Start Date] and will continue until [End Date]. Thereafter, the Lease shall continue on a month-to-month basis unless and until either Landlord or Tenant terminate this Agreement with written notice.
3. RentTenant agrees to pay [Amount in Written Form ($ Amount in Numerals)] per month, due on the 1st day of each calendar month. If the Lease begins after the 1st day of the month, the first month’s rent will be prorated.
4. Security DepositUpon execution of this Agreement, Tenant will deposit with Landlord the sum of [Amount in Written Form ($ Amount in Numerals)] as security for Tenant’s obligations under this lease.
5. Use of PremisesThe premises shall be used for residential purposes only. The Tenant will comply with all laws and rules affecting the Premises.
6. Repair and MaintenanceTenant will keep the Premises in clean, sanitary, and good condition. If the Premises are not kept in such condition, Tenant shall bear the cost for repairs.
7. InsuranceTenant is responsible for having sufficient insurance to cover all personal property located on the Premises. Landlord will not be responsible for any loss of Tenant’s property.
8. Governing LawThis Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the state of Hawaii.
9. Entire AgreementThis Agreement contains the complete agreement between Landlord and Tenant and cannot be changed except by written agreement.
10. Landlord DisclosureLandlord shall provide the Tenant with the name and address of the person authorized to manage the Premises, and the owner of the Premises or a person authorized to act for and on behalf of the owner for the purpose of service of process.
11. TerminationUpon termination of this Agreement, Tenant will return the Premises and all property of Landlord in a clean and good condition.
12. Binding EffectThe covenants and conditions contained in the Agreement apply to and bind the heirs, legal representatives, successors and assigns of the parties.
13. Lead-Based Paint DisclosureHousing built before 1978 may contain lead-based paint. Lead from paint, paint chips, and dust can pose health hazards if not managed properly. Lead exposure is especially harmful to young children and pregnant women.
[Landlord’s Name] ______________________________ _______________ Landlord’s Signature Date [Tenant’s Name] ______________________________ _______________ Tenant’s Signature Date
Whether you’re selling, buying, or leasing property in the Aloha state, ClauseClip has got you covered. If you’re looking to sell your property, the Contract for Sale of Real Estate in Hawaii is tailored just for you.
For those wishing to buy a property on contract, the Contract for Deed Template Hawaii is specifically designed for your needs. If you’re a landlord or tenant, the Contract for Rental Property Hawaii will make your life easier.
For business owners planning to lease a commercial space, the Commercial Lease Agreement Template Hawaii makes it easy to outline terms. Lastly, if you’re permitting someone else to use your property without transferring ownership, the Occupancy Agreement Template Hawaii is the perfect fit.
And now, for those who are looking to rent out rooms within their property, our Room Rental Agreement Template Hawaii is an invaluable tool.