ROOM RENTAL AGREEMENTThis Room Rental Agreement (“Agreement”) is made and entered into this [Insert Date], by and between [Insert Landlord’s Full Legal Name] (hereinafter “Landlord”), and [Insert Tenant’s Full Legal Name] (hereinafter “Tenant”).
1. PREMISESThe Landlord rents to Tenant and Tenant rents from Landlord, the premises located at [Insert Full Address]. The premises will be used for residential purposes only.
2. TERM OF THE LEASEThe initial term of this Lease begins on [Insert Start Date] and ends on [Insert End Date]. Thereafter, the Lease shall continue on a month-to-month basis unless and until either Landlord or Tenant terminate this Agreement with written notice.
3. RENTTenant agrees to pay $[Insert Amount] per month, due on the 1st day of each calendar month. If the Lease begins after the 1st day of the month, the first month’s rent will be prorated.
4. SECURITY DEPOSITUpon execution of this Agreement, Tenant will deposit with Landlord the sum of $[Insert Amount] as security for any damage caused to the Premises during the term hereof.
5. QUIET ENJOYMENTTenant shall conduct himself, and require other persons on the Premises with Tenant’s consent, to conduct themselves in a manner that will not disturb others’ peaceful enjoyment of the Premises.
6. REPAIR AND MAINTENANCETenant will keep the Premises in clean, sanitary, and good condition. If Tenant discovers a defect or danger in the Premises, Tenant will give Landlord prompt notice of the defect or danger.
7. INSURANCETenant is responsible for having sufficient insurance to cover all personal property located on the Premises. Landlord will not be responsible for any damage to Tenant’s personal property.
8. PETSNo pets will be allowed on the Premises without the prior written consent of the Landlord.
9. DEFAULTIf Tenant fails to comply with any of the material provisions of this Agreement, or of any present rules and regulations governing the Premises, Landlord may terminate this Agreement upon providing proper notice to Tenant.
10. ADDITIONAL PROVISIONS; DISCLOSURES[If applicable, insert description of any additional provisions or disclosures].
11. GOVERNING LAWThis Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Colorado.
12. ENTIRE AGREEMENTThis Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the parties and supersedes any prior understanding or representation of any kind preceding the date of this Agreement. There are no other promises, conditions, understandings or other agreements, whether oral or written, relating to the subject matter of this Agreement.
SIGNATURESLandlord: [Insert Landlord’s Full Legal Name] Signature: ________________________ Date: _____________ Tenant: [Insert Tenant’s Full Legal Name] Signature: ________________________ Date: _____________ Note: In accordance with the Colorado Revised Statutes, landlords have up to one month, unless the lease agreement specifies a longer period, but not more than 60 days, to return a tenant’s security deposit.
Room Rental Agreement Template Colorado serves as an essential legal document when leasing out a room in the state of Colorado. This template, along with others, ensures the rights of both parties are protected and obligations are clearly outlined.
For those interested in other property related templates, consider these essential document resources:
- If you’re selling property on a contractual agreement, our Contract for Deed Template Colorado could be incredibly beneficial for your transaction.
- Contract for Rental Property Colorado – a must-have contract outlining the terms and conditions between landlords and tenants.
- In the process of selling your property? Check out our comprehensive Contract for Sale of Real Estate in Colorado to ensure a smooth and legally secure transaction.
- The Commercial Lease Agreement Template Colorado is a great resource for those engaging in commercial leasing relationships.
- Finally, our Occupancy Agreement Template Colorado provides a solid framework for defining the terms and conditions of occupancy in a property.