On this page, you’ll find a downloadable Photographer Agreement Word document. It’s designed with flexibility in mind, so you can easily download, edit and adapt the contract to suit your specific needs. Dive in now to make your photography services more professional and secure.
1. PartiesThis Photography Agreement (the “Agreement”) is entered into as of [Date] (the “Effective Date”) by and between [Photographer’s Full Name] (the “Photographer”) having its principal place of business at [Photographer’s Full Address], and [Client’s Full Name] (the “Client”) having its principal place of business at [Client’s Full Address].
2. ServicesThe Photographer agrees to provide to the Client the following professional photography services (the “Services”) on [Date(s) of the session] at [Location(s) of the session]. These Services include but are not limited to: [Detailed Description of the Services].
3. Payment TermsThe total fee for the Services is [Amount in Words (Amount in Numbers)]. The Client shall make a non-refundable deposit of [Amount in Words (Amount in Numbers)] upon signing this Agreement. The balance of the fee is payable on or before the date of the session. All payments should be made by [Preferred Payment Method].
4. DeliverablesThe Photographer agrees to deliver [Number] professionally edited photos in [Digital/Physical] format within [Number] weeks after the session. These photos will be delivered via [Delivery Method].
5. Copyright OwnershipUpon full payment, the Photographer grants the Client an exclusive license to use and reproduce the photographs. The Photographer retains the copyright to the photographs and reserves the right to use them for promotional purposes, online and in print.
6. Cancellation PolicyIn the event of a cancellation by the Client, the deposit is non-refundable. If the Photographer cancels the agreement, the Photographer’s liability is limited to a full refund of the deposit only.
7. ConfidentialityBoth parties agree to keep all material and information passed between them confidential as to not harm either party’s respective business.
8. Force MajeureNeither party will be liable for any failure or delay in performing an obligation under this Agreement that is due to any of the following causes, to the extent beyond its reasonable control: acts of God, accident, riots, war, terrorist act, epidemic, pandemic, quarantine, civil commotion, breakdown of communication facilities, natural catastrophes, governmental acts or omissions, changes in laws or regulations, national strikes, fire, explosion, generalized lack of availability of raw materials or energy.
9. Governing LawThis Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the state of [Your State].
10. Entire AgreementThis Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the parties with respect to the subject matter hereof and supersedes all prior discussions, negotiations and agreements, whether oral or written, between the parties.
11. SignaturesBy signing below, both parties agree to the terms and conditions stated above.
Photographer’s Full Name
Client’s Full Name
Other Useful ContractsIf you find this Photographer Agreement beneficial, there are other related agreements that might be of interest. For example, visual content is a significant aspect of digital marketing, and contracts like the Graphic Designer Agreement and Videographer Contract might be crucial in protecting your interests. These agreements spell out the terms and conditions in hiring a graphic designer or videographer, which could include details outlining confidentiality, payment terms, and scope of work. Just like finding a good photographer contract, these templates can also save you time and prevent any legal disputes down the line.
On another note, if you also plan to use the photos for promoting your business on social platforms, it would be wise to take a look at the Social Media Manager Contract. This agreement could help you set clear expectations for your social media manager who will be handling your online presence. It includes terms like content creation and approval, strategy planning, reporting, and more.
Lastly, for those who work with other creative professionals such as writers or composers in creating promotional content or advertisements, it may also be beneficial to check out the Content Writer Agreement. Like the Photographer Agreement, this template ensures each party’s responsibilities in the project are clearly defined and agreed upon before work begins. After all, having a comprehensive and clear contract is pivotal to maintaining positive relationships with partners and collaborators.