On this page, we provide a downloadable, Free-to-use Agreement in an editable DOCX format. This makes our Processing Agreement Template ideal for those seeking a convenient, customizable solution. Also available as a Payment Processing PDF, you’re free to Edit & Use Contract components that align best with your unique business needs. Whether it’s a Payment Gateway Contract you require or a general Transaction Processing Contract, here’s where you can get your hands on a comprehensive Gateway Processing Document.
Our Free Document Download allows you to adapt this contract effortlessly for your use. Remember: while we aim to cover all bases with our Downloadable Gateway Agreement, it’s crucial to seek legal advice tailored to your specific circumstances before finalization.
1. DEFINITIONSIn this Agreement, the following definitions shall apply: “Merchant” means the party identified as the merchant in the Application. “Payment Processor” means the party providing payment processing services, identified as such in the Application. “Payment Gateway” means the software provided by the Payment Processor to enable online transactions by accepting electronic payments. “Application” means the online application form provided by the Payment Processor to the Merchant to apply for the Services. “Services” means the payment gateway and payment processing services provided by the Payment Processor to the Merchant as per this Agreement.
2. SERVICESThe Payment Processor shall provide the Services to the Merchant as per the terms of this Agreement. The Services shall enable the Merchant to accept payment for goods and services online via various payment methods. The Payment Processor shall provide the Merchant with access to the Payment Gateway for this purpose. The Merchant is responsible for all transactions processed through the Services, including but not limited to, the accuracy and legality of such transactions.
3. FEES AND CHARGESThe Merchant shall pay the Payment Processor the fees and charges for the Services as described in the Application (the “Fees”). The Fees are exclusive of any applicable taxes, levies, or duties imposed by taxing authorities, and the Merchant shall be responsible for payment of all such taxes, levies, or duties.
4. SECURITYThe Payment Processor shall implement reasonable security measures to protect the Merchant’s data and transactions processed through the Services. However, the Payment Processor does not guarantee that unauthorized third parties will never be able to defeat those measures. The Merchant is responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of their account and password and for restricting access to their computer.
5. REFUND POLICY AND CHARGEBACKSThe Merchant shall establish and maintain a refund policy. This policy shall be displayed prominently on the Merchant’s website. The Merchant is responsible for all chargebacks (including costs and related fees) that arise from the Merchant’s use of the Services. A chargeback is a payment dispute initiated by the cardholder with their card issuer.
6. TERMINATIONEither party may terminate this Agreement at any time by providing 30 days’ written notice to the other party. The Payment Processor may also terminate this Agreement or suspend the Services immediately if the Merchant breaches any term of this Agreement. Upon termination of this Agreement, any outstanding Fees shall become immediately due and payable.
7. INDEMNIFICATIONThe Merchant agrees to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the Payment Processor and its directors, officers, employees, and agents from and against all claims, losses, damages, liabilities, judgments, fees, and expenses related to or arising out of the Merchant’s use of the Services or breach of this Agreement.
8. LIMITATION OF LIABILITYThe Payment Processor’s total liability to the Merchant, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), or otherwise, shall not exceed the Fees paid by the Merchant to the Payment Processor in the six month period immediately preceding the event giving rise to the claim.
9. GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTIONThis Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the jurisdiction and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the jurisdiction.
10. ENTIRE AGREEMENTThis Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the parties with respect to the subject matter hereof and supersedes all prior discussions, negotiations, and agreement, whether oral or written.
Merchant:Signature:______________________________ Name:______________________________ Title:______________________________ Date:______________________________
Payment Processor:Signature:______________________________ Name:______________________________ Title:______________________________ Date:______________________________
Other Useful ContractsIf you find the Payment Gateway & Processing Agreement helpful, there are other templates available that might be of interest.
For instance, those managing online businesses with a large inventory might find the Inventory Management Agreement useful. This template can be used to define roles, responsibilities, and obligations between the business and a 3rd party inventory management service provider, ensuring smooth business operations.
The Online Sales Agreement template is another valuable resource. It helps outline the terms and conditions that govern online sales transactions on your website, thus providing your customers with a transparent and reliable understanding of the purchasing process. This could become a vital document for any e-commerce platform.
If you’re running an e-commerce business, then having a Dropshipping Agreement is also crucial. This agreement helps establish a clear relationship between your online store and the product suppliers, thus ensuring that the dropshipping process functions seamlessly and transparently.
Finally, as most online businesses offer some form of subscription-based services, the Subscription Services Agreement template can be invaluable. This agreement clarifies the terms under which subscription services are provided to customers and helps protect your business by clearly outlining liabilities, payment terms, and customer obligations in relation to subscription services.