This essential agreement aids in sustaining effective management of online communities through clarity of roles and obligations.
Here, we provide a free, editable Community Manager Contract, available for download in both Word document (DOCX) and PDF formats. Whether you need a readily available template or a sturdy foundation to adapt for your specific needs, this Online Community Manager Contract is free to use and easy to edit.
1. Agreement OverviewThis Online Community Manager Agreement (the “Agreement”) is entered into as of [Insert Date] (the “Effective Date”) between [Your Company Name], located at [Your Company Address] (the “Company”), and [VA’s Full Name], located at [VA’s Address] (the “Contractor”).
2. Services to be Performed by ContractorThe Contractor agrees to manage and moderate the Company’s online community platforms, including but not limited to: responding to and managing comments and messages, creating and managing engaging content, and fostering an inclusive and safe environment for community members. The specific tasks to be performed by the Contractor will be detailed in a separate document to be agreed upon by both parties.
3. Payment and CompensationIn consideration for the services to be performed by Contractor, the Company agrees to pay the Contractor a total fee of [Insert Fee]. The payment will be made on a [weekly/monthly] basis. The Company will also reimburse the Contractor for any pre-approved, reasonable, and necessary expenses incurred in the performance of their duties.
4. ConfidentialityThe Contractor agrees not to disclose any confidential information pertaining to the Company’s operations, customers, strategies, and other proprietary information. Breach of this clause may result in immediate termination of the Agreement and possible legal action.
5. Term and TerminationThis Agreement shall commence on the Effective Date and continue until [Insert End Date] unless earlier terminated by either party with a notice period of [Insert Notice Period]. Upon termination, the Contractor shall return all materials and property of the Company in their possession.
6. Independent Contractor StatusThe Contractor is an independent contractor and not an employee of the Company. They are not entitled to any benefits provided to the Company’s employees.
7. IndemnityThe Contractor shall indemnify and hold the Company harmless from any loss or liability arising from the performance of the services under this Agreement.
8. Governing LawThis Agreement shall be governed by the laws of [Insert Jurisdiction].
9. Entire AgreementThis Agreement contains the entire agreement and understanding between the parties and supersedes all prior discussions and agreements.
10. SignaturesBy signing below, the parties agree to the terms of this Agreement as of the Effective Date. __________________ _______________ [Your Full Name] [VA’s Full Name] [Your Title] [VA’s Title] [Date] [Date]
Other Useful ContractsIf you found the Online Community Manager Agreement useful, then there are other templates on this site that could equally serve your business needs. A Community Manager often works hand in hand with a Social Media Virtual Assistant. With this in mind, the Social Media VA Agreement could be another resourceful contract to utilize. This agreement outlines the responsibilities and tasks a Social Media VA will undertake and could be beneficial to ensure both parties are clear on the role’s expectations.
Parallel to the roles above, an Content Management VA Contract could be another handy tool for your business. The management of content across multiple facets of a business is an equally critical task to community and social media management. The agreement specifies the duties involved in managing, creating, editing and organizing content.
Looking beyond content and community management, if you’re considering expanding your e-commerce presence, then a Dropshipping Agreement would be useful. This agreement stipulates the relationship between you (the retailer) and the dropship supplier, outlining key aspects like payment terms, order processes, and delivery expectations.
Lastly, if your online community encompasses members who pay for access privileges, perhaps an Membership Site Agreement would also be useful. This agreement provides a clear understanding of the rules, roles and responsibilities between you as a service provider and the subscribers or members of your online community.