OCCUPANCY AGREEMENTTHIS OCCUPANCY AGREEMENT (the “Agreement”) is made and entered into this ______ day of ________, 20_____ (the “Effective Date”), by and between _______________________ (the “Landlord”), and _______________________ (the “Occupant”).
1. PREMISES AND TERMThe Landlord leases to the Occupant and the Occupant rents from the Landlord, the premises located at _______________ in the State of Vermont, together with any personal property located thereon (the “Premises”). The term of this Agreement will start on ______________ and will continue to ______________, unless earlier terminated as provided herein.
2. USE OF PREMISESThe Premises will be used for residential purposes only. The Occupant will comply with all laws and rules affecting the Premises and will not engage in any illegal activities on the Premises.
3. RENTThe Occupant will pay to the Landlord as base rent the amount of $______ per month, due on the first day of each calendar month.
4. SECURITY DEPOSITUpon the execution of this Agreement, Occupant will deposit with Landlord the sum of $______ as security for any damage caused to the Premises during the term hereof.
5. REPAIR AND MAINTENANCEThe Occupant will keep the Premises and all items of personal property in a clean and sanitary condition. The Occupant will notify the Landlord promptly of any damage to the Premises or any item of personal property on the Premises.
6. INSURANCEThe Occupant is responsible for having sufficient insurance to cover all personal property located on the Premises. The Landlord will not be responsible for any damage to any personal property on the Premises.
7. DEFAULTIf Occupant fails to comply with any of the material provisions of this Agreement, or of any present rules and regulations governing the Premises, Landlord may terminate this Agreement upon providing proper notice to Occupant.
8. GOVERNING LAWThis Agreement will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Vermont.
9. ENTIRE AGREEMENTThis Agreement contains the entire agreement of the parties and there are no other promises, conditions, understandings or other agreements, whether oral or written, relating to the subject matter of this Agreement.
NOTICEThe parties should be aware that additional provisions may need to be added to this Agreement to comply with the laws of Vermont. Therefore, the parties should seek legal advice before signing this Agreement.
ADDITIONAL VERMONT PROVISIONSThe following provisions are added to this Agreement in accordance with Vermont law: 1. If the Premises is a mobile home lot, the Landlord cannot increase the rent without giving the Occupant at least 60 days’ notice. 2. The Landlord cannot retaliate against the Occupant for exercising any legal rights. 3. The Occupant may not withhold rent from the Landlord to force repairs. 4. The Landlord must keep the Premises in a fit and habitable condition and comply with all applicable health and safety codes. 5. The Landlord must return the security deposit, less any lawful deductions, within 14 days after termination of this Agreement. This Agreement is binding upon and inures to the benefit of the parties and their respective heirs, executors, administrators, successors and assigns.
Note: This Agreement should be signed in front of a notary public.
If you’re looking for an Occupancy Agreement Template in Vermont, you might also be interested in other real estate related agreements.
For instance, with the Contract for Deed Template Vermont, you can clearly outline the terms for land contracts under which the buyer makes installment payments to the seller.
Should you be a landlord looking to rent out your property, ensure the rental agreement is in order by using our Contract for Rental Property Vermont.
For any transactions on properties, refer to the Contract for Sale of Real Estate in Vermont which provides a comprehensive and legally sound framework.
You can further professionalize your property dealings with our Commercial Lease Agreement Template Vermont, perfect for commercial property owners.
If you’re planning to rent out a room within your house, check out our Room Rental Agreement Template Vermont to ensure every detail is clear between you and your tenant.