This template is designed to help landlords and tenants easily create a customized and legally sound landlord-tenant agreement.
Our sample lease includes all the essential elements of a standard residential tenancy agreement, making it a reliable choice for both short-term rentals and long-term lease agreements.
Easy to download, edit, and adapt, this practical resource simplifies the process of drafting an effective renter’s agreement.
So, whether you’re looking for a straightforward rental agreement or more specific tenant contract details – we’ve got you covered.
1. OCCUPANCY AGREEMENTTHIS OCCUPANCY AGREEMENT (“Agreement”) is made and entered into this day of , 20__, by and between Landlord’s Name (“Landlord”), and Tenant’s Name (“Tenant”). WHEREAS, the Landlord owns the premises located at Full Address (the “Property”); and WHEREAS, the Tenant desires to occupy the Property and the Landlord agrees to let the Tenant occupy the Property under the terms and conditions stated herein; NOW, THEREFORE, in consideration of the covenants and obligations contained herein and other good and valuable consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which is hereby acknowledged, the parties hereto agree as follows:
2. TERM OF THE AGREEMENTThe term of this Agreement will commence on Start Date, and will continue until End Date, unless earlier terminated as provided in this Agreement.
3. RENTThe Tenant shall pay to the Landlord a monthly rent of $Amount, payable on the 1st day of each calendar month.
4. SECURITY DEPOSITUpon the execution of this Agreement, Tenant will deposit with Landlord the sum of $Amount as security for any damage caused to the Property during the term hereof.
5. USE OF THE PROPERTYThe Property shall be used for residential purposes only.
6. REPAIR AND MAINTENANCETenant will keep the Property and its furnishings in good order and will notify Landlord immediately of any damage to the Property.
7. INSURANCETenant will maintain adequate liability insurance to cover any liability arising from Tenant’s use of the Property.
8. DEFAULTIf Tenant fails to comply with any of the material provisions of this Agreement, or of any present rules and regulations governing the Property, Landlord may terminate this Agreement upon providing proper notice to Tenant.
9. TERMINATIONUpon termination of this Agreement, Tenant will return the Property and all property of Landlord in a clean and undamaged condition.
10. GOVERNING LAWThis Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the state of South Carolina.
11. ENTIRE AGREEMENTThis Agreement contains the entire agreement of the parties and there are no other promises, conditions, understandings or other agreements, whether oral or written, relating to the subject matter of this Agreement. IN WITNESS WHEREOF, the parties have executed this Agreement as of the date first above written. ______________________ ______________________ Landlord’s Name Tenant’s Name Date Date
South Carolina Specific Provisions:Pursuant to South Carolina law, landlords must provide a written description or itemized list of damages and charges if they make deductions from the security deposit. If landlord fails to provide this, the tenant may recover the property and money due him, plus damages in an amount equal to twice the amount wrongfully withheld. Also, South Carolina landlords must disclose to the tenant in writing at or before the commencement of the tenancy the name and address of the person authorized to manage the premises, and the owner of the premises or a person authorized to act for and on behalf of the owner for the purpose of service of process and receiving and receipting for notices and demands. In South Carolina, the landlord is not responsible for maintaining the property unless the lease states otherwise. However, the landlord must comply with the requirements of applicable building and housing codes materially affecting health and safety.
Additional Legal Considerations:This Agreement is not intended to create a lease, but only a license to occupy the Property. All rights and remedies under South Carolina landlord-tenant law, including any rights of eviction, are expressly reserved to the Landlord. This Agreement shall not be construed to create any rights in the Tenant other than as expressly provided in this Agreement. The Tenant acknowledges that he/she has no legal rights to the Property other than as expressly provided in this Agreement.
When it comes to property matters, it’s crucial to have all the legal documents at hand. The Occupancy Agreement Template South Carolina is a vital contract to have when renting out a property.
You may also find what you need in other related documents such as the Contract for Deed Template South Carolina. This template can guide you in creating a feasible contract when you are buying a property on a deed agreement.
Looking for something to help with rental properties? The Contract for Rental Property South Carolina could be precisely what you need. It outlines the terms and conditions of a rental property agreement in South Carolina.
If you are involved in the sale of real estate, the Contract for Sale of Real Estate in South Carolina is an essential document to have. This template brings clarity to the terms and conditions of a real estate sale agreement.
For those engaged in commercial leasing, check out the Commercial Lease Agreement Template South Carolina. This document lays out the terms for commercial lease agreements in the state.
And if you’re renting a room or planning on becoming a renter, there’s the Room Rental Agreement Template South Carolina. This template aids in creating an agreement between a landlord and tenant in South Carolina. These documents are all designed to help make property transactions smoother and more comfortable to manage.