THIS OCCUPANCY AGREEMENTThis Occupancy Agreement (“Agreement”) is entered into on this ______ day of _______, 20_____ (the “Effective Date”), by and between ______________________ (the “Owner”) and ______________________ (the “Occupant”).
1. PREMISESThe premises subject to this Agreement is located at: ________________, Rhode Island (the “Premises”). The Premises will be used for residential purposes only.
2. TERMThis Agreement shall commence on ________, 20______ and will continue until ________, 20______ unless otherwise terminated in accordance with this Agreement. This term may be extended by mutual agreement of the parties.
3. RENTThe Occupant agrees to pay the Owner a monthly rent of $______, due on the first day of each calendar month. The first month’s rent is due on the Effective Date of this Agreement.
4. SECURITY DEPOSITUpon execution of this Agreement, Occupant shall provide a security deposit in the amount of $______ to be held by Owner as security for any unpaid rent or damages.
5. USE OF PREMISESThe Occupant shall use the Premises for residential purposes only and shall comply with all federal, state and local laws and regulations applicable to the use of the Premises.
6. REPAIR AND MAINTENANCEThe Occupant shall keep the Premises and all appliances, fixtures and furnishings clean and in good repair. The Occupant shall notify the Owner promptly of any damage to the Premises.
7. INSURANCEThe Occupant shall maintain sufficient insurance to cover all personal property located on the Premises. The Occupant’s failure to maintain such insurance shall not relieve the Occupant of liability for damage.
8. DEFAULTIf the Occupant fails to comply with any of the material provisions of this Agreement, or of any present rules and regulations governing the Premises, the Owner may terminate this Agreement upon providing proper notice to the Occupant.
9. TERMINATIONUpon termination of this Agreement, Occupant will return the Premises and all property of Owner in a clean and good condition.
10. APPLICABLE LAWThis Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Rhode Island.
11. ENTIRE AGREEMENTThis Agreement contains the complete agreement between the Owner and the Occupant and cannot be changed except by written agreement.
12. ACKNOWLEDGEMENTEach party acknowledges that they have read and understand this Agreement and agree to be bound by its terms and conditions.
NOTE: This is a general template for an occupancy agreement and may not encompass all potential legal issues that could arise. Please consult with a Rhode Island attorney to ensure that your specific needs are met.
Just like our Occupancy Agreement Template Rhode Island, we also have a variety of legal templates you might need for various transactions in Rhode Island.
For instance, if you’re planning to purchase a property, you can use our Contract for Sale of Real Estate in Rhode Island. Buying a property pending full payment? No problem, check out the Contract for Deed Template Rhode Island.
For property rentals, we offer the Contract for Rental Property Rhode Island and if you only need a room, you should look at our Room Rental Agreement Template Rhode Island. For commercial properties, we have the Commercial Lease Agreement Template Rhode Island. Each template is designed to protect your rights and interests.