You can easily download, edit, and adapt it to create a robust Rental Agreement or Residential Lease Agreement. It incorporates all the essential terms of a basic rental contract, protecting both the landlord’s and tenant’s rights. Feel free to use this template to craft your own legally sound and comprehensive lease agreement in Mississippi.
OCCUPANCY AGREEMENTThis Occupancy Agreement (“Agreement”) is entered into this ______ day of ________, 20______ (the “Effective Date”), by and between __________(“Landlord”), and __________(“Occupant”).
1. PREMISESThe premises are located at _______________ in the state of Mississippi. The Landlord grants to the Occupant the right to occupy the premises under the terms and conditions set forth in this Agreement. The premises shall be used for residential purposes only.
2. TERMThe term of this Agreement shall commence on _______ and continue until _______ unless otherwise terminated in accordance with the provisions of this Agreement.
3. RENTThe Occupant shall pay to the Landlord the total rent of _____________ payable in monthly installments of _____________ each due on the first day of each calendar month.
4. SECURITY DEPOSITUpon execution of this Agreement, Occupant will deposit with Landlord the sum of _____________ as security for the performance by Occupant of the terms under this Agreement and for any damages caused by Occupant, Occupant’s family, agents and visitors to the Premises during the term of this Agreement.
5. MAINTENANCE AND REPAIRThe Occupant will keep the premises in clean, sanitary and good condition. If any damage to the premises occurs, the Occupant will notify the Landlord promptly.
6. INSURANCEOccupant is responsible for having sufficient insurance to cover all personal property located on the Premises. Landlord will not be liable for any loss of Occupant’s property.
7. PETSNo pets shall be allowed on the Premises without the prior written consent of the Landlord.
8. QUIET ENJOYMENTOccupant shall conduct himself, and require other persons on the Premises with Occupant’s consent, to conduct themselves in a manner that will not disturb others’ peaceful enjoyment of the Premises.
9. DEFAULTIf Occupant fails to comply with any of the material provisions of this Agreement, or of any present rules and regulations governing the Premises, Landlord may terminate this Agreement upon providing proper notice to Occupant.
10. TERMINATIONUpon termination of this Agreement, Occupant will return the Premises and all property of Landlord in a clean and good condition, ordinary wear and tear excepted.
11. GOVERNING LAWThis Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the state of Mississippi.
12. ENTIRE AGREEMENTThis Agreement contains the complete agreement between Landlord and Occupant and cannot be changed except by written agreement. Landlord: ____________________ ____________ Name Signature Date Occupant: ____________________ ____________ Name Signature Date
If you’re looking for a comprehensive Occupancy Agreement Template in Mississippi, you might also find these templates from ClauseClip helpful for your legal needs.
To manage the sale of a property in Mississippi, check out our Contract for Sale of Real Estate template.
If you’re structuring a homeowner-financed deal, our Contract for Deed Template might be just what you need.
Looking for rental-related contract templates? We have you covered with two specific options. For residential rental properties, consider our Contract for Rental Property. If you’re renting out a room in your home, our Room Rental Agreement Template would be suitable.
Lastly, if you’re dealing with commercial rentals, our Commercial Lease Agreement Template will come in handy.
Here at ClauseClip, we strive to provide all the templates you need to manage your property transactions smoothly in Mississippi.