Equipped with all critical elements found in standard property lease contracts, our templates are easy to understand, adapt, and implement, taking the stress out of drafting your own agreements from scratch.
Simplify your house renting process today with this readily available lease agreement word document format.
1. PartiesThis Lease Agreement is made and entered into this __________ (date) by and between the Landlord ______________, and the Tenant ______________.
2. PropertyThe property to be rented is located at ______________, and is a private room within the main property. This Lease Agreement includes only the room identified above and shared access to ______________ (details of shared spaces).
3. TermThis Agreement shall commence on ______________ and continue (check one)
[_] until ______________ as a lease.
[_] until terminated by either party as a month-to-month tenancy.
4. RentThe monthly rent for the Property is ______________ dollars ($______), due on the 1st day of each calendar month.
5. Security DepositUpon execution of this Agreement, Tenant will deposit with Landlord the sum of ______________ dollars ($______).
6. Use of PropertyThe property shall be used for residential purposes only. The Tenant will comply with all laws and rules affecting the Property.
7. Repair and MaintenanceTenant will keep the Property and furnishings in clean, sanitary, and good condition.
8. InsuranceTenant is responsible for having sufficient insurance to cover all personal property located on the Property. Landlord will not be responsible for any loss of Tenant’s property.
9. DefaultIf Tenant fails to comply with any of the material provisions of this Agreement, or of any present rules and regulations governing the Property, Landlord may terminate this Agreement upon providing proper notice to Tenant.
10. TerminationUpon termination of this Agreement, Tenant will return the Property and all property of Landlord in a clean and good condition.
11. Governing LawThis Agreement is governed by the laws of the state of ______________.
This is a legally binding document. If not understood, seek legal advice before signing.
If you’re looking to sublet a room in your house, you’ll need a comprehensive lease. Luckily, you can utilize our basic lease agreement template to customize your terms and protect both your legal rights and property. This user-friendly template can help you avoid any potential misunderstandings by setting clear expectations about rent, utilities, and other responsibilities.
Also, if the room you’re leasing has any furniture or fixtures, make sure to include them in a detailed simple lease agreement. This binding document will safeguard your belongings and hold the tenant liable for any damages.
As a landlord, it’s vital to be prepared for unforeseen circumstances that might lead to an early termination of the lease. Our website offers an early termination of lease agreement template fit for such situations. This adaptable template will help you stipulate the terms of premature lease termination to protect your interests.
Lastly, if you’re renting out a room in a property where you also live, it’s advisable to use our live-in landlord tenancy agreement template. This contract ensures that both parties understand their respective rights and responsibilities, fostering a harmonious living environment.