To make things easy for you, we have a downloadable Interior Design Agreement word document. You can download, edit, and adapt this contract to suit your specific project needs.
1. Agreement OverviewThis Interior Design Agreement (“Agreement”) is entered into this [Insert Date] (the “Effective Date”), by and between [Insert Name of Client] (the “Client”), and [Insert Name of Designer] (the “Designer”), collectively referred to as the “Parties”.
2. Scope of ServicesThe Designer agrees to provide interior design services as described in Exhibit A attached hereto (“Services”). The Services may include, but are not limited to, consultation, space planning, design concept development, selections of furnishings, fixtures, equipment, color schemes, and assistance in the purchasing and installation thereof.
3. Project TimelineThe Designer agrees to commence the Services on [Insert Start Date] and complete the Services by [Insert Completion Date]. The Designer shall not be responsible for delays caused by factors outside of the Designer’s control, including but not limited to, delays by third party providers, Client’s failure to make timely decisions, or changes initiated by the Client.
4. Budget and PaymentThe Client agrees to pay the Designer an estimated total fee of [Insert Total Fee] for the Services. This estimated total fee includes the cost of the Designer’s time as well as any materials and products purchased on behalf of the Client. The Client shall make payments according to the schedule set forth in Exhibit B attached hereto.
5. Responsibilities of the PartiesThe Designer shall use commercially reasonable efforts to perform the Services in a professional and workmanlike manner. The Client shall reasonably cooperate with the Designer and provide all necessary information and assistance required by the Designer to perform the Services.
6. ConfidentialityThe Designer agrees to keep all information provided by the Client confidential and shall not disclose such information to any third party without the prior written consent of the Client, unless such disclosure is required by law or is necessary to perform the Services.
7. TerminationEither Party may terminate this Agreement by providing written notice to the other Party if the other Party materially breaches this Agreement and fails to cure such breach within [Insert Number of Days] days after receiving written notice thereof.
8. LiabilityThe Designer’s liability for any loss or damage arising out of or related to this Agreement shall be limited to the total fees paid by the Client to the Designer under this Agreement.
9. Governing LawThis Agreement shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the state of [Insert State].
10. SignaturesBy signing below, each Party acknowledges that it has read and understands this Agreement and agrees to be bound by its terms and conditions. [Insert Name of Client] (Client) __________________________ ______________ Signature Date [Insert Name of Designer] (Designer) __________________________ ______________ Signature Date
Other Useful ContractsWhen starting an interior design project, it’s essential to ensure all parties are on the same page. Similar requirements also apply to other creative projects such as graphic design. The Graphic Designer Agreement is another essential template for both the graphic designer and client. This agreement protects both parties, outlining the scope of work, delivery and terms of payment.
In many projects, creatives, including interior designers, often work in collaboration with other professionals like web designers. In such cases, a Web Designer Contract is invaluable. This contract stipulates the expectations of both parties in the creation and implementation of a website.
Moreover, any design project is likely to involve sharing sensitive information between professionals. A Non-disclosure Agreement (NDA) can protect confidential information from being disclosed to third parties without consent.
Finally, an Consulting Services Agreement can be very useful when hiring an expert for professional advice or services in conjunction with an interior design project. This agreement sets out the terms and conditions of the consultancy service, protecting both the consultant and client’s interests. These templates are crucial for maintaining clarity and ensuring a smooth workflow in any project.