Here, we provide a comprehensive yet editable E-book Publishing Contract, free for download. From online book publishing terms to author rights, this digital book contract template covers all necessary areas to protect your interests.
This self-publishing contract PDF, also available in DOCX format, is fully customizable to align with your specific needs. Whether it’s an E-book distribution contract or an E-publishing license agreement, you can adapt this document accordingly. Maximize its potential as a robust tool in securing a fair and transparent book publishing deal.
1. Agreement OverviewThis E-book Publishing Agreement (“Agreement”) is entered into by __Author Name__ (hereinafter “Author”) and __Publisher Name__ (hereinafter “Publisher”), collectively the “Parties”, as of __Effective Date__.
2. Grant of RightsThe Author hereby grants to the Publisher, during the full term of copyright, the sole and exclusive right to publish, distribute, and sell the digital version of the Author’s work, titled __Book Title__ (hereinafter “Work”) throughout the world in all languages and formats.
3. Representations and WarrantiesThe Author represents and warrants that they are the sole author of the Work, that the Work is original, and that no one has reserved the rights granted in this Agreement. The Author also warrants that, to the best of their knowledge, the Work does not infringe upon any copyright, invade any right of privacy, contain any libellous material, or infringe or violate any other right of any person or entity.
4. Copyright and ProtectionThe copyright in the Work shall remain with the Author. The Publisher agrees to list the copyright notice as “__Year__, __Author Name__” in all published copies of the Work.
5. Editorial ChangesThe Publisher shall have the right to edit the Work for the purpose of formatting and to correct grammatical errors. Any substantive changes to the Work, however, will not be made without the Author’s consent.
6. RoyaltiesThe Publisher agrees to pay the Author royalties as follows: __Percentage__ of the Publisher’s net receipts from sales of the Work in e-book format. Royalties shall be paid on a semi-annual basis, within __Number__ days following the end of each calendar half-year.
7. PublicationThe Publisher agrees to publish the Work within __Number__ months of the Effective Date and to make the Work available for sale on all major e-book distribution platforms.
8. TerminationEither Party may terminate this Agreement for any reason by providing __Number__ days’ written notice to the other Party. Upon termination, all rights granted to the Publisher hereunder will revert to the Author.
9. IndemnificationEach Party agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the other Party from and against any losses, damages, costs, liabilities, and expenses arising out of any breach of the representations and warranties made by such Party in this Agreement.
10. Dispute ResolutionAny dispute arising out of this Agreement shall be resolved by arbitration in __City, State__ in accordance with the rules of the American Arbitration Association.
11. Entire AgreementThis Agreement constitutes the entire agreement of the Parties on the subject hereof and supersedes all prior discussions, negotiations, and agreements, whether oral or written.
Other Useful ContractsIf you appreciate the comprehensiveness of the E-book Publishing Agreement, you also might find the Online Course Creation & Management Agreement beneficial. This contract outlines the terms and conditions of crafting and managing an online program, covering topics such as content creation, intellectual property rights, and payment terms. Just as the E-book Publishing Agreement aids in safeguarding your written materials, this agreement ensures protection for your course content and its management.
Another agreement that complements the E-book Publishing Agreement is the Content Management VA Contract. Just as it is important to detail how your e-books are published and distributed, it’s key to outline duties and responsibilities associated with managing your online content. This contract covers aspects such as editing, updating, and optimizing content as well as managing digital assets.
In addition to publishing e-books, you may be considering running webinars to branch out your digital presence. In this case, a Webinar Hosting Agreement could be equally significant. Similar to the E-Book Publishing Agreement, this contract sets the terms for hosting webinars, including scheduling, technical requirements, content delivery, copyright issues, and payment terms.
Lastly, if you are engaged in any affiliate marketing related to your e-books or other digital products, you will find the Affiliate Program Terms & Conditions document incredibly useful. It outlines the rules that govern the relationship between you and your affiliates, ensuring that both parties understand their responsibilities and rights when promoting your products. This can be crucial for avoiding disputes and misunderstandings in the long run.