are protected during a property transaction. Whether you’re purchasing or selling real estate in Virginia, this contract can be your guide.
This agreement outlines the terms and conditions of your sale, providing clarity and structure for all parties involved. You can easily download and edit this contract according to your needs.
Safeguard your real estate transactions with this reliable, legally compliant document. Enjoy seamless property dealings in Virginia today.
CONTRACT FOR THE SALE OF REAL ESTATE
THIS AGREEMENTis made and entered into this ____ day of _______, 20____ by and between ___________________ (hereinafter “Seller”) and ___________________ (hereinafter “Buyer”).
1. DESCRIPTION OF PROPERTYSeller agrees to sell and Buyer agrees to buy the property located at ___________________, Virginia, together with all improvements and fixtures, personal property, rights, privileges, and appurtenances thereto, including without limitation all mineral, oil, and gas rights (the “Property”).
2. PURCHASE PRICEThe purchase price for the Property shall be $______ to be paid as follows: ______________.
3. DEPOSITUpon execution of this Contract, Buyer shall deposit with escrow agent the sum of $______ as earnest money and part payment for the Property.
4. CLOSING DATEThe closing of the sale shall occur on or before ______ (“Closing Date”).
5. TITLE AND DEEDAt closing, Seller shall convey the Property to Buyer by general warranty deed, subject only to easements, restrictions and covenants of record, and real estate taxes for the current year.
6. POSSESSIONPossession of the Property shall be delivered to Buyer at settlement, subject only to rights of tenants, if any.
7. PRORATIONSReal estate taxes, rents, homeowners association fees, and all other recurring expenses and revenues of the Property shall be prorated as of the date of closing.
8. INSPECTIONSBuyer shall have the right to inspect the Property prior to closing.
9. GOVERNING LAWThis Contract shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the law of the Commonwealth of Virginia.
10. ENTIRE AGREEMENTThis Contract, including any attached addenda, constitutes the entire agreement between the parties, and supersedes all prior oral or written agreements, understandings or representations. THE PARTIES HERETO HAVE EXECUTED THIS CONTRACT as of the day and year first above written. __________________ ________________ Name of Seller Date __________________ ________________ Name of Buyer Date Note: This is a basic form of a real estate contract and may not cover your specific needs or legal requirements. It is recommended that you consult with a real estate lawyer before entering into any real estate agreement.
After drafting your Contract For Sale Of Real Estate In Virginia, you might also need to familiarize yourself with our Contract For Deed Template in Virginia, designed specifically for buyers and sellers opting for a land contract purchase. If you’re planning to lease the property you’re purchasing, be sure to check out our Contract For Rental Property in Virginia, which offers a comprehensive guideline for rental agreements.