With our contract, you can ensure a smooth and legally compliant real estate sale in Ohio while safeguarding your interests at all stages of the purchase. Please feel free to download our contract, edit it according to your needs, and use it for your transactions.
REAL ESTATE PURCHASE AGREEMENTTHIS REAL ESTATE PURCHASE AGREEMENT (“Agreement”) is made and entered into this __ day of ______, 20__, by and between ________________ (“Seller”) and ________________ (“Buyer”).
1. DESCRIPTION OF PROPERTYSeller agrees to sell, and Buyer agrees to buy, the property located at ______________, and legally described as ______________ (the “Property”). The Property includes all land, together with all improvements thereon, and all rights, privileges, and appurtenances thereto.
2. PURCHASE PRICE AND TERMSThe purchase price for the Property is ______________ Dollars ($________). Buyer shall deliver to Seller at closing the purchase price less the earnest money deposit, plus or minus prorations.
3. EARNEST MONEY DEPOSITUpon execution of this Agreement, Buyer shall deposit with ______________ the sum of ______________ Dollars ($________) as earnest money.
4. CLOSING AND POSSESSIONThe closing of the purchase and sale of the Property shall occur on ______________ (“Closing Date”). Seller shall deliver possession of the Property to Buyer at closing, free and clear of all tenants and occupants.
5. REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIESSeller represents and warrants to Buyer that Seller has full power and authority to sell the Property and that the Property will be conveyed to Buyer free and clear of all liens and encumbrances, except as otherwise provided in this Agreement.
6. INSPECTIONS AND DISCLOSURESSeller shall provide to Buyer a Residential Property Disclosure Form as required by Ohio law.
7. PRORATIONSTaxes, rents, and all other expenses and revenues of the Property shall be prorated as of the Closing Date.
8. DEFAULTIf Buyer fails to close the purchase of the Property, the earnest money deposit shall be forfeited to Seller. If Seller fails to close the sale of the Property, Seller shall return the earnest money deposit to Buyer.
9. BROKERAGESeller and Buyer each represent that they have not dealt with any real estate brokers in connection with this transaction, other than ______________.
10. ENTIRE AGREEMENTThis Agreement contains the entire agreement between Seller and Buyer and supersedes all prior oral and written agreements. No amendment to this Agreement shall be effective unless in writing and signed by Seller and Buyer. IN WITNESS WHEREOF, the parties have executed this Real Estate Purchase Agreement as of the date first above written. SELLER: ______________________ ______________ Name of Seller Date BUYER: ______________________ ______________ Name of Buyer Date
If you’re looking for more specific types of real estate contracts in Ohio, you might be interested in this Contract For Deed Template or perhaps this Contract For Rental Property. Both provide detailed views of unique real estate contract scenarios in Ohio.