It outlines key details about the property being sold, establishing clear terms for this significant conveyancing process. You can use this contract as a guideline for your own land transfer in Massachusetts.
The provided contract is downloadable and editable to suit your specific needs, ensuring a smooth and legally sound property sale.
AGREEMENT TO SELL REAL ESTATETHIS AGREEMENT is made this _________ day of ___________, 20______ by and between [SELLER’S NAME] , hereinafter referred to as “Seller,” and [BUYER’S NAME] , hereinafter referred to as “Buyer.”
1. PROPERTY:Seller agrees to sell and Buyer agrees to buy the property located at [PROPERTY ADDRESS] , Massachusetts, more fully described in the attached Exhibit A, together with all rights, easements, and appurtenances to said property (the “Property”).
2. PRICE:The purchase price is [PURCHASE PRICE] Dollars ($______), payable as follows:
3. DEPOSIT:Upon execution of this Agreement, Buyer shall deposit with [ESCROW AGENT] the sum of [DEPOSIT AMOUNT] Dollars ($______), as earnest money to be applied on the purchase price at the time of closing.
4. CLOSING:The closing of this sale shall take place on or before [CLOSING DATE] , at the office of the escrow agent or at a location designated by the Buyer.
5. TITLE:Seller assures that the title to the Property is good, clear, and marketable, free and clear of all liens and encumbrances, except as otherwise provided in this Agreement.
6. INSPECTIONS:Buyer shall have the right to inspect the Property prior to closing. Any issues discovered during the inspection that are not satisfactory to the Buyer, and which are not remedied by the Seller prior to closing, may result in termination of this Agreement at the option of the Buyer.
7. CONVEYANCE:The Seller shall deliver and the Buyer shall accept a good and sufficient quitclaim deed conveying the Property.
8. POSSESSION:Possession of the Property shall be delivered to the Buyer on the date of closing.
9. PRORATIONS:Real estate taxes, rents, and other expenses of the Property shall be prorated as of the date of closing.
10. RISK OF LOSS:If the Property is destroyed or materially damaged before the closing, this Agreement may be terminated at the option of the Buyer.
11. DEFAULT:If Buyer fails to comply with this Agreement, the Seller may retain the deposit as liquidated damages.
12. GOVERNING LAW:This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. SELLER: ______________________ _______________ [Seller’s Name] Date BUYER: ______________________ _______________ [Buyer’s Name] Date This Agreement is binding upon and inures to the benefit of the parties and their respective heirs, executors, administrators, successors and assigns. – END OF AGREEMENT –
If you’re interested in more specific real estate contract templates in Massachusetts, you might want to take a look at this Contract For Deed Template, which can be of great use when a property is not immediately transferred at the point of sale. In addition to that, you may also find our Contract For Rental Property helpful if you are opting for leasing or renting properties in Massachusetts.