This legal document is vital for outlining the terms and conditions of a property transaction between a buyer and a seller.
Whether it’s land transfer or purchase of real estate, this comprehensive agreement ensures that both parties’ interests are protected.
Our contract is fully customizable allowing you to tailor it according to your specific needs.
Feel free to download and edit this contract, facilitating your real estate sale in the state of Louisiana.
LOUISIANA RESIDENTIAL REAL ESTATE PURCHASE AND SALE AGREEMENTTHIS AGREEMENT is made this ____ day of ____, 20____, by and between ____, hereinafter referred to as “Seller,” and ____, hereinafter referred to as “Buyer.”
1. PROPERTY:Seller agrees to sell and Buyer agrees to purchase the property located at ____, Louisiana, with the legal description as follows: ____.
2. PURCHASE PRICE:The purchase price of the property is $____, payable as follows: ____.
3. FINANCING:This Agreement is contingent upon Buyer obtaining a written commitment for a first mortgage for $____ with interest on the unpaid balance at a rate not to exceed ____% per annum on or before ____.
4. CLOSING:The closing of the sale shall take place on ____ at the office of ____. The deed delivered at closing shall contain a covenant from Seller that the property is free from all liens and encumbrances, except as otherwise provided in this Agreement.
5. POSSESSION:Possession of the property shall be delivered to Buyer on the date of closing.
6. INSPECTIONS:Buyer shall have the right to inspect the property prior to closing to determine that the property is in the same condition as when this Agreement was executed.
7. SELLER’S REPRESENTATIONS:Seller represents and warrants to Buyer that the property is in compliance with all applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances; that Seller has full power and authority to sell the property; and that the property will be conveyed to Buyer free and clear of all liens and encumbrances, except as otherwise provided in this Agreement.
8. REMEDIES:If Seller defaults under this Agreement, Buyer may seek specific performance or such other relief as may be provided by law. If Buyer defaults under this Agreement, Seller may retain the earnest money deposit as liquidated damages, in addition to any other remedies available to Seller under Louisiana law.
9. GOVERNING LAW:This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Louisiana.
10. ENTIRE AGREEMENT:This Agreement contains the entire agreement of the parties and there are no other promises, conditions, understandings or other agreements, whether oral or written, relating to the subject matter of this Agreement. SELLER: ____ (Print Name) ____ (Signature) BUYER: ____ (Print Name) ____ (Signature) DATE: ____
If you’re interested in owning property in Louisiana, our Contract for Deed template can be a valuable tool for potential buyers and sellers. Moreover, those looking to rent properties in the same state might also find our Contract for Rental Property useful. These resources, coupled with our Contract For Sale Of Real Estate In Louisiana, provide a comprehensive solution for all your property-related contractual needs.