This comprehensive document serves as a legal agreement between parties involved in the sale or purchase of real estate properties within the state of California.
The contract is designed to protect both parties, ensuring that all terms and conditions are clearly defined.
You are welcome to download and edit this contract for your own personal or business use.
REAL ESTATE PURCHASE AGREEMENTTHIS REAL ESTATE PURCHASE AGREEMENT (the “Agreement”) is entered into this day of month, year (the “Effective Date”), by and between Seller’s Full Legal Name, with an address at Seller’s Address (the “Seller”) and Buyer’s Full Legal Name, with an address at Buyer’s Address (the “Buyer”).
1. DESCRIPTION OF PROPERTYThe Seller hereby sells to the Buyer and the Buyer hereby purchases from the Seller the property located at Property Address, more particularly described as Legal Description of Property, County of County Name, State of California, together with all existing improvements and fixtures (the “Property”).
2. PURCHASE PRICEThe purchase price for the Property shall be Amount in Words ($Amount in Figures) payable as follows: Details of Payment.
3. CLOSINGClosing shall be held on or before Closing Date at the office of Escrow Company Name and Escrow Agent’s Full Legal Name or at such other time and place mutually agreed upon in writing by the Seller and the Buyer.
4. TITLE AND DEEDThe Seller shall provide at Seller’s expense an Owner’s Policy of Title Insurance and shall convey title to the Property to the Buyer by a grant deed, subject only to property taxes, covenants, conditions, restrictions, reservations, rights, rights of way, and easements of record.
5. POSSESSION AND CONDITION OF PROPERTYSeller shall deliver possession of the Property to Buyer at Closing in its present or required condition, ordinary wear and tear excepted.
6. INSPECTIONSBuyer shall have the right to inspect the Property during a period ending Number of Days days after the Effective Date of this Agreement. Buyer shall have the right to cancel this Agreement, by giving written notice to Seller during the Inspection Period, if the Buyer in its sole and absolute discretion, is not satisfied with the condition of the Property.
7. REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIESSeller represents and warrants to Buyer that there are no litigation, threatened or pending, affecting the Property.
8. GOVERNING LAWThis Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California.
9. ENTIRE AGREEMENTThis Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the Parties and supersedes any prior understanding or representation of any kind preceding the date of this Agreement. IN WITNESS WHEREOF, the Parties have executed this Agreement as of the Effective Date first above written. ________________________ ________________________ Seller’s Full Legal Name Buyer’s Full Legal Name ________________________ ________________________ Date Date
If you’re also interested in alternative modes of property acquisition or lease agreements, you may want to check out our Contract For Deed Template which can be particularly useful for financing arrangements. Furthermore, if you are dealing with rental properties, our Contract For Rental Property can provide the necessary legal framework for a landlord-tenant agreement in California.