Bear in mind that this is a legal document and should be used with care. Happy renting in Wisconsin!
THIS LEASE AGREEMENTThis Lease Agreement (the “Lease”) is entered into this [DATE] (the “Effective Date”), by and between [LANDLORD NAME] (the “Landlord”), and [TENANT NAME] (the “Tenant”).
1. PROPERTYLandlord rents to Tenant and Tenant rents from Landlord, the premises located at [PROPERTY ADDRESS]. The property will be used for residential purposes only.
2. TERMThe initial term of this Lease begins on [START DATE], and will end on [END DATE]. Thereafter, the Lease will continue on a month-to-month basis unless and until either Landlord or Tenant terminate this Lease with written notice.
3. RENTTenant agrees to pay [RENTAL AMOUNT] per month, due on the 1st day of each calendar month.
4. SECURITY DEPOSITUpon execution of this Lease, Tenant will deposit with Landlord the sum of [SECURITY DEPOSIT AMOUNT] as security for Tenant’s obligations under this Lease.
5. MAINTENANCE AND REPAIRTenant will keep the Premises in clean, sanitary, and good condition.
6. INSURANCETenant is responsible for having sufficient insurance to cover all personal property located on the Property.
7. PETSNo pets shall be allowed on the Property without the prior written consent of the Landlord.
8. DEFAULTIf Tenant fails to comply with any of the material provisions of this Lease, Landlord may terminate this Lease upon providing proper notice to Tenant.
9. GOVERNING LAWThis Lease shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the state of Wisconsin.
10. ENTIRE AGREEMENTThis Lease contains the complete agreement between Landlord and Tenant and cannot be changed except by written agreement. LANDLORD: [LANDLORD NAME] Signature: ________________________ Date:_____________________________ TENANT: [TENANT NAME] Signature: ________________________ Date: _____________________________ This lease complies with the laws in the state of Wisconsin, including the Wisconsin Residential Rental Practices Act (Wis. Stat. § 704).
After finalizing your Contract For Rental Property (Wisconsin), you may also need to review and utilize our Contract For Deed Template (Wisconsin) for a comprehensive approach to property agreements in Wisconsin.