RESIDENTIAL LEASE AGREEMENTTHIS AGREEMENT is made and entered into this day of month, year, by and between Landlord’s Name (hereinafter “Landlord”), and Tenant’s Name (hereinafter “Tenant(s)”).
1. PREMISESLandlord rents to Tenant and Tenant rents from Landlord, the premises located at Property Address. The premises will be used for residential purposes only.
2. TERMThe initial term of the Lease will begin on Date, and will end on Date. Thereafter, the Lease will continue on a month-to-month basis until either Landlord or Tenant terminate this Agreement.
3. RENTTenant agrees to pay $Amount per month, due on the 1st day of each calendar month.
4. SECURITY DEPOSITUpon execution of this Agreement, Tenant will deposit with Landlord the sum of $Amount as security for any damage caused to the Premises during the term hereof.
5. QUIET ENJOYMENTTenant shall conduct himself, and require other persons on the Premises with Tenant’s consent, to conduct themselves in a manner that will not disturb others’ peaceful enjoyment of the Premises.
6. REPAIR AND MAINTENANCETenant will keep the Premises in clean, sanitary, and good condition. If Tenant discovers a defect or condition that requires repair, they will notify the landlord promptly.
7. INSURANCETenant is responsible for having sufficient insurance to cover all personal property located on the Premises. Landlord is not responsible for any damage to Tenant’s personal property.
8. PETSNo pets shall be allowed on the Premises without the prior written consent of the Landlord.
9. DEFAULTIf Tenant fails to comply with any of the material provisions of this Agreement, or of any present rules and regulations governing the Premises, Landlord may terminate this Agreement upon providing proper notice to Tenant.
10. GOVERNING LAWThis Agreement is governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Washington.
LANDLORD:______________________ ______________ Landlord’s Name Date
TENANT:______________________ ______________ Tenant’s Name Date
If you’re interested in not just renting but actually purchasing a property in Washington, you may find our Contract For Deed Template Washington useful.