Stay confident about your property dealings with our user-friendly resources.
Let’s get started!
RESIDENTIAL LEASE AGREEMENTTHIS LEASE AGREEMENT (“Lease”) is made and entered into this __ day of ___________, 20__, by and between ______________________ (hereinafter “Landlord”), and ______________________ (herein after “Tenant(s)”).
1. PREMISESLandlord rents to Tenant and Tenant rents from Landlord, the premises located at ______________________ (the “Premises”). The Premises will be used for residential purposes only.
2. TERMThe initial term of this Lease will begin on __________, 20__, and will end on __________, 20__. Thereafter, the Lease will continue on a month-to-month basis until either Landlord or Tenant terminate this Lease with written notice.
3. RENTTenant agrees to pay $______ per month, due on the 1st day of each calendar month.
4. SECURITY DEPOSITUpon execution of this Lease, Tenant will deposit with Landlord the sum of $______ as security for any damage caused to the Premises during the term hereof.
5. REPAIR AND MAINTENANCETenant will keep the Premises in clean, sanitary, and good condition. If Tenant damages the Premises or the property therein, Landlord may, at its option, repair said damage and Tenant will immediately pay Landlord for any such expenses.
6. INSURANCETenant is responsible for having sufficient insurance to cover all personal property located on the Premises. Landlord is not responsible for any damage to Tenant’s personal property.
7. PETSNo pets will be allowed on the Premises without the prior written consent of the Landlord.
8. QUIET ENJOYMENTTenant shall conduct himself, and require other persons on the Premises with Tenant’s consent, to conduct themselves in a manner that will not disturb others’ peaceful enjoyment of the Premises.
9. DEFAULTIf Tenant fails to comply with any of the material provisions of this Lease or of any present rules and regulations, Landlord may terminate this Lease upon providing proper notice to Tenant.
10. GOVERNING LAWThis Lease shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the state of Virginia.
11. ENTIRE AGREEMENTThis Lease contains the complete agreement between Landlord and Tenant and cannot be changed except by written agreement. LANDLORD: ______________________ TENANT: ______________________ Please note: This lease agreement should not be used without consulting with a qualified attorney. It is provided for educational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice.
If you’re considering a more involved real estate transaction in Virginia, you might also want to check out this comprehensive Contract for Deed template specifically designed for Virginia properties.