RESIDENTIAL LEASE AGREEMENT (VERMONT)This Residential Lease Agreement (“Agreement”) is made and entered into on this ____ day of _______, 20___(“Effective Date”), by and between _____________________(“Landlord”), having his/her principle address at ______________________, and _____________________(“Tenant(s)”), having his/her principle address at ______________________.
1. PROPERTY:Landlord rents to Tenant and Tenant rents from Landlord, the premises located at ____________________(“Property”). The property will be used for residential purposes only.
2. TERM:The initial term of this Lease will begin on ______________, 20___, and will end on ______________, 20___. Thereafter, the Lease will continue on a month-to-month basis unless and until either Landlord or Tenant terminate this Agreement with written notice.
3. RENT:Tenant agrees to pay $______ per month, due on the 1st day of each calendar month.
4. SECURITY DEPOSIT:Upon the execution of this Agreement, Tenant will deposit with Landlord the sum of $______ as security for any damage caused to the Property during the term hereof.
5. REPAIR AND MAINTENANCE:Tenant will keep the Property and all appliances in clean, sanitary, and good condition.
6. INSURANCE:Tenant is responsible for having sufficient insurance to cover all personal property located on the Property. Landlord is not responsible for any loss to such property.
7. PETS:No pets will be allowed on the Property without the prior written consent of the Landlord.
8. DEFAULT:If Tenant fails to comply with any of the material provisions of this Agreement, Landlord may terminate this Agreement upon providing proper notice to Tenant.
9. GOVERNING LAW:This Agreement will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the state of Vermont.
10. ENTIRE AGREEMENT:This Agreement contains the entire agreement of the parties and there are no other promises, conditions, understandings or other agreements, whether oral or written, relating to the subject matter of this Agreement. IN WITNESS WHEREOF, the parties have executed this Residential Lease Agreement as of the Effective Date first above written. _____________________ _____________________ Landlord Signature and Date Tenant Signature and Date
If you’re planning on buying or selling property in addition to your rental activities, you might also find our Contract For Deed Template (Vermont) useful.