Feel free to download it and edit according to your personal needs.
RESIDENTIAL LEASE AGREEMENTTHIS RESIDENTIAL LEASE AGREEMENT (“Lease”) made and entered into this Day of Month, Year, by and between Landlord’s Name, (hereinafter “Landlord”), and Tenant’s Name (hereinafter “Tenant(s)”).
1. PREMISESLandlord rents to Tenant and Tenant rents from Landlord the premises located at Property Address. The premises will be used for residential purposes only.
2. TERMThe initial term of the Lease will begin on Start Date, and will end on End Date. Thereafter, the Lease will continue on a month-to-month basis until either Landlord or Tenant terminate this Lease with written notice.
3. RENTTenant agrees to pay $Monthly Rent per month, due on the 1st day of each calendar month.
4. SECURITY DEPOSITUpon the due execution of this Agreement, Tenant will deposit with Landlord the sum of $Security Deposit Amount as security for any damage caused to the Premises during the term hereof.
5. REPAIR AND MAINTENANCETenant will keep the Premises in clean, sanitary, and good condition. If any damage is caused by the Tenant beyond normal wear and tear, Tenant agrees to pay for the repair of such damage.
6. INSURANCETenant will maintain adequate insurance to cover any personal injury or property damage for which Tenant may be liable to Landlord, such as fire, theft, or casualty insurance.
7. DEFAULTIf Tenant fails to comply with any of the material provisions of this Agreement, or of any present rules and regulations governing the Premises, Landlord may serve a written notice to Tenant to correct the breach within three days in accordance with Utah law.
8. GOVERNING LAWThis Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the state of Utah.
9. ENTIRE AGREEMENTThis Agreement contains the entire agreement of the parties and there are no other promises, conditions, understandings or other agreements, whether oral or written, relating to the subject matter of this Agreement. TENANT(S): Tenant’s Name ________________ Date:_______ LANDLORD: Landlord’s Name ________________ Date:_______
If you’re interested in purchasing property in addition to your rental acquisitions, you might find this Contract for Deed Template Utah useful.