This comprehensive and legally sound real estate contract covers both residential and commercial lease needs.
Whether you’re a landlord or tenant, you’ll find this clear and concise lease agreement essential for your rental arrangements.
As a versatile document, it caters to both residential lease and commercial lease applications.
With this customizable Rental Agreement, our South Carolina-specific property rental document makes the process easier than ever.
Download, edit, and use this legal contract as the solid foundation for your rental property transactions.
RESIDENTIAL LEASE AGREEMENTThis Residential Lease Agreement (the “Agreement”) is entered into this _______(day)________ of ______(month)______, ______(year)______ (the “Effective Date”), by and between ______(Landlord’s Name)______, having its primary address at ______(Landlord’s Address)______ (the “Landlord”), and ______(Tenant’s Name)______, having its primary address at ______(Tenant’s Address)______ (the “Tenant”).
1. PREMISESSubject to the terms and conditions in this Agreement, the Landlord rents to Tenant and Tenant rents from Landlord, the premises located at ______(Property Address)______. The premises will be used for residential purposes only.
2. TERMThe initial term of this Lease begins on ______(Lease Start Date)______, and will continue until ______(Lease End Date)______ unless otherwise terminated in accordance to the provisions of this Agreement or applicable South Carolina law.
3. RENTTenant agrees to pay ______(Monthly Rent Amount)______ per month, due on the 1st day of each calendar month.
4. SECURITY DEPOSITUpon execution of this Agreement, Tenant will deposit with Landlord the sum of ______(Security Deposit Amount)______ as security for any damage caused to the Premises during the term hereof.
5. MAINTENANCE AND REPAIRSTenant will keep the Premises in clean, sanitary, and good condition. If any damage to the Premises is caused by Tenant or Tenant’s guest(s), Landlord may use the security deposit to cover such damage.
6. INSURANCETenant is responsible for having sufficient insurance to cover all personal property located on the Premises. Tenant’s insurance should cover any loss resulting from theft, fire or any other cause.
7. PETSNo pets shall be allowed on the Premises without the prior written consent of the Landlord.
8. DEFAULTIf Tenant fails to comply with any of the terms of this Agreement, Landlord may take necessary legal action to evict Tenant from the Premises and to recover any damages incurred due to Tenant’s breach.
9. GOVERNING LAWThis Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the state of South Carolina.
10. ENTIRE AGREEMENTThis Agreement contains the complete agreement between Landlord and Tenant and cannot be changed except by written agreement. LANDLORD: ______(Landlord’s Signature)______ ______(Date)______ TENANT: ______(Tenant’s Signature)______ ______(Date)______
If you’re seeking a contract for a rental property in South Carolina, you might also be interested in this Contract for Deed Template for South Carolina that can help enable a straightforward real estate transaction.