Start your tenancy agreement today with our hassle-free downloadable lease form.
THIS LEASE AGREEMENTTHIS LEASE AGREEMENT (“Lease”) made and entered into this _____ day of ______, 20____ (the “Lease Date”), by and between ______________, a Rhode Island individual with an address of _______________ (the “Landlord”), and _______________, a Rhode Island individual with an address of _______________ (the “Tenant”).
1. PREMISESThe Landlord rents to the Tenant and the Tenant rents from the Landlord, the premises located at _______________ (the “Premises”). The Premises will be used for residential purposes only.
2. TERMThe initial term of this Lease will begin on ________, and will end on ________. Thereafter, the Lease will continue on a month‐to‐month basis until either the Landlord or the Tenant terminate this Lease with written notice.
3. RENT____ US Dollars ($______) per month, payable on the first day of each calendar month.
4. SECURITY DEPOSITUpon the due execution of this Lease, Tenant will deposit with Landlord the sum of $_______ as security for any damage caused to the Premises during the term hereof.
5. QUIET ENJOYMENTTenant shall conduct himself, and require other persons on the Premises with Tenant’s consent, to conduct themselves in a manner that will not disturb others’ peaceful enjoyment of the Premises.
6. DEFAULTIf Tenant fails to comply with any of the material provisions of this Lease or of any present rules and regulations governing the Premises, Landlord may terminate this Lease upon providing proper notice to Tenant.
7. TERMINATIONUpon termination of this Lease, Tenant will return the Premises and all property of Landlord in a clean and presentable condition.
8. INDEMNIFICATIONLandlord shall not be liable for any damage or injury occurring on the Premises, or any part thereof, and Tenant agrees to indemnify, defend, and hold Landlord harmless from any claims for damages, no matter how caused.
9. GOVERNING LAWThis Lease shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the state of Rhode Island.
10. COUNTERPARTSThis Lease may be executed in counterparts, each of which will be deemed an original, but all of which together will constitute one and the same instrument. LANDLORD:
Date: __________ TENANT:
After checking out this Contract For Rental Property (Rhode Island), you might also want to familiarize yourself with a Contract for Deed template for Rhode Island for potential property purchases in the future.