Our tenancy agreement is designed to provide clear leasing terms while ensuring all parties are protected under the legal provisions of North Dakota state law. Whether you are a tenant or landlord, this rental agreement will serve as a reliable framework for your rental property needs.
Feel free to download, edit, and use this residential rental contract, also known as a property rental contract, to fit your specific needs.
LEASE AGREEMENTTHIS LEASE AGREEMENT (the “Lease”) made this ____ day of ______, _______, (the “Effective Date”), BETWEEN: ______ (the “Landlord”) – AND – ______ (the “Tenant”).
1. PREMISESThe Landlord rents to the Tenant and the Tenant rents from the Landlord, the premises located at ______. The premises will be used for residential purposes only.
2. TERMThe term of the Lease is a lease from month to month commencing at 12:00 noon on ______ and continues from month to month until the Landlord or the Tenant terminates this Lease.
3. RENTSubject to the provisions of this Lease, the rent for the Premises is $______ per month.
4. SECURITY DEPOSITUpon execution of this Lease, Tenant will deposit with Landlord the sum of $______ as security for Tenant’s faithful performance of the terms of this Lease.
5. REPAIR AND MAINTENANCEThe Tenant will keep the Premises in clean, sanitary, and good condition.
6. INSURANCEThe Tenant is responsible for having sufficient insurance to cover all personal property located on the Premises.
7. QUIET ENJOYMENTTenant will conduct himself, and require other persons on the Premises with Tenant’s consent, to conduct themselves in a manner that will not disturb others’ peaceful enjoyment of the Premises.
8. DEFAULTIf Tenant fails to comply with any of the material provisions of this Lease or of any present rules and regulations, Landlord may terminate this Lease upon providing proper notice to Tenant.
9. GOVERNING LAWThis Lease shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of North Dakota.
10. ENTIRE AGREEMENTThis Lease contains the entire agreement between the Landlord and the Tenant. LANDLORD: ______ TENANT: ______ IN WITNESS WHEREOF, the Landlord and the Tenant have duly affixed their signatures on this ______ day of ______. __________________________ _________________________ Landlord’s Signature Tenant’s Signature __________________________ _________________________ Date Date
If you’re leasing a property in North Dakota and eventually plan on selling it, you may also want to consider a Contract for Deed template for North Dakota for a smoother transaction process.