Note: Always consult with a North Carolina real estate attorney or professional when drafting or signing a lease agreement to ensure it complies with all relevant laws and regulations.
RESIDENTIAL LEASE AGREEMENTTHIS LEASE AGREEMENT (“Lease”) made and entered into this [Date of Agreement] by and between [Landlord’s Legal Name], of [Landlord’s Address] (hereinafter “Landlord”), and [Tenant’s Legal Name], of [Tenant’s Address] (hereinafter “Tenant(s)”).
1. PREMISESThe Landlord rents to the Tenant and the Tenant rents from the Landlord the premises located at [Property address]. The premises will be used for residential purposes only.
2. TERMThe initial term of this Lease will begin on [Lease start date], and will terminate on [Lease end date]. Thereafter it will continue on a month-to-month basis until either the Landlord or the Tenant terminates this Lease with written notice.
3. RENTTenant agrees to pay [Amount in Dollars] per month, due on the 1st day of each calendar month.
4. SECURITY DEPOSITUpon the due execution of this Agreement, Tenant will deposit with Landlord the sum of [Security Deposit Amount] as security for any damage caused to the Premises during the term hereof.
5. MAINTENANCE AND REPAIRTenants will keep the premises in clean, sanitary, and good condition. If the premises is not kept in such condition, the Landlord may take necessary action, at the Tenant’s expense, to restore the premises to such condition.
6. INSURANCETenant will maintain adequate insurance to cover personal property located on the property. Landlord is not responsible for any loss to Tenant’s personal property.
7. PETSNo pets will be allowed on the premises without the prior written consent of the Landlord.
8. QUIET ENJOYMENTTenant agrees to conduct himself, and require other persons on the premises with Tenant’s consent, to conduct themselves in a manner that will not disturb others’ peaceful enjoyment of the premises.
9. DEFAULTIf Tenant fails to comply with any of the material provisions of this Agreement, or of any present rules and regulations governing the premises, Landlord may terminate this Agreement upon providing proper notice to Tenant.
10. GOVERNING LAWThis Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the state of North Carolina.
11. ENTIRE AGREEMENTThis Agreement constitutes the entire Agreement between the parties and supersedes any prior understanding or representation of any kind preceding the date of this Agreement. LANDLORD: [Landlord’s Legal Name] ______________________________ ________ Signature Date TENANT(s): [Tenant’s Legal Name] ______________________________ ________ Signature Date
If you are considering buying a rental property in North Carolina, you might also be interested in our Contract for Deed Template for North Carolina as a potential method of property acquisition.