This legal document is important for anyone in the real estate business, as it sets clear terms and conditions for both parties involved.
Download our template of this vital real estate contract , be it a simple rental agreement, a full-fledged rental contract, or a detailed residential lease agreement, and tailor it to your specific needs.
RESIDENTIAL LEASE AGREEMENTTHIS LEASE AGREEMENT (“Lease”) made and entered into this __ day of ____, 20__ (the “Lease Term”) by and between ______ (the “Landlord”), a New York corporation, and _____ (the “Tenant”).
1. PREMISESLandlord leases to Tenant and Tenant rents from Landlord the premises located at ________ New York, NY___ . The Premises will be used for residential purposes only.
2. TERMThe initial term of this Lease will start on ______, and will terminate on ______ , unless either Landlord or Tenant terminate this Lease in writing sooner as allowed herein.
3. RENTTenant agrees to pay $______ per month, due on the 1st day of each calendar month.
4. SECURITY DEPOSITUpon execution of this Lease, Tenant will deposit with Landlord the sum of $_____ as security for Tenant’s performance of its obligations under this Lease.
5. USE OF PREMISESThe Premises will be used for residential purposes only.
6. REPAIR AND MAINTENANCETenant will keep the Premises in clean, sanitary, and good condition.
7. INSURANCETenant will maintain sufficient insurance to cover all personal property located on the Premises.
8. DEFAULTIf Tenant fails to comply with any of the material provisions of this Lease or of any present rules and regulations governing the Premises, Landlord may terminate this Lease upon providing proper notice to Tenant.
9. GOVERNING LAWThis Lease will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the state of New York.
10. ENTIRE AGREEMENTThis Lease contains the complete agreement between Landlord and Tenant and cannot be changed except by written agreement. LANDLORD: ______________________ Date: ________ TENANT: ______________________ Date: ________ TENANT: ______________________ Date: ________ Note: This is a basic lease agreement and may not cover your specific legal needs. You should consult with a lawyer before using this lease agreement.
If you’re looking for more legal templates related to property in New York, you might also be interested in this Contract for Deed Template (New York).