RESIDENTIAL LEASE AGREEMENTTHIS RESIDENTIAL LEASE AGREEMENT (the “Agreement”) is entered into this ______ day of ________, 20______ (the “Effective Date”), by and between ______________________ (the “Landlord”) and ______________________ (the “Tenant”).
1. PREMISESThe Landlord rents to the Tenant and the Tenant rents from the Landlord the premises located at ______________________. The premises will be used for residential purposes only.
2. TERMThe initial term of this Lease begins on ______________________, and ends on ______________________. Thereafter, the Lease shall continue on a month-to-month basis until and unless either Landlord or Tenant terminate this Agreement with written notice.
3. RENTTenant agrees to pay $______ per month, due on the first day of each calendar month.
4. SECURITY DEPOSITUpon execution of this Agreement, Tenant will deposit with Landlord the sum of $______ as security for any damage caused to the Premises during the term hereof.
5. REPAIR AND MAINTENANCETenant will keep the Premises in clean, sanitary, and good condition.
6. INSURANCETenant is responsible for having sufficient insurance to cover all personal property located on the Premises.
7. PETSNo pets will be allowed on the Premises without the prior written consent of the Landlord.
8. DEFAULTIf Tenant fails to comply with any of the material provisions of this Agreement, or of any present rules and regulations governing the Premises, Landlord may terminate this Agreement upon providing proper notice to Tenant.
9. GOVERNING LAWThis Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New Hampshire.
10. ENTIRE AGREEMENTThis Agreement contains the entire agreement of the parties and there are no other promises, conditions, understandings or other agreements, whether oral or written, relating to the subject matter of this Agreement.
TENANT:________________________ Name NOTE: This is a standard lease agreement and may require additional provisions to comply with local and state laws. Please have this document reviewed by a legal professional before use.
If you’re interested in purchasing property in New Hampshire, you might also need a Contract for Deed Template in addition to the Contract for Rental Property.