LEASE AGREEMENTTHIS LEASE AGREEMENT (“Lease”) made and entered into this __day of_____, 20___ (the “Effective Date”) by and between _____________ (hereinafter “Landlord”), whose address is ___________, Nebraska, and _____________ (hereinafter “Tenant(s)”), whose address is ___________, Nebraska.
1. PREMISESThe Landlord leases to Tenant and Tenant rents from Landlord the premises located at ___________, Nebraska. The premises will be used for residential purposes only.
2. TERMThe initial term of this Lease will begin on __________, and will end on _________. Thereafter, the Lease will continue on a month-to-month basis until the Landlord or the Tenant terminate this Lease with written notice.
3. RENTTenant agrees to pay $______ per month, due on the 1st day of each calendar month. If the Lease begins after the 1st day of the month, the first month’s rent will be prorated.
4. SECURITY DEPOSITUpon the execution of this Lease, Tenant will deposit with Landlord the sum of $_____ as security for any damage caused to the Premises during the term hereof.
5. REPAIR AND MAINTENANCETenant will keep the Premises in clean, sanitary, and good condition. If the Tenant fails to do so, the Landlord may enter the Premises to conduct any necessary repairs.
6. INSURANCEThe Tenant is responsible for having sufficient insurance to cover all personal property located on the Premises. Landlord will not be responsible for any loss of Tenant’s property.
7. PETSNo pets will be allowed on the Premises without the prior written consent of the Landlord.
8. DEFAULTIf Tenant fails to comply with any of the material provisions of this Lease, or if any of the information provided by Tenant is found to be false, Landlord may terminate this Agreement upon providing proper notice to Tenant.
9. GOVERNING LAWThis Lease shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Nebraska.
10. ENTIRE AGREEMENTThis Lease contains the complete agreement between Landlord and Tenant and cannot be changed except by written agreement. LANDLORD: ______________________ Date: ______ TENANT(S): ______________________ Date: ______ The parties agree that this lease may be electronically signed. The parties agree that the electronic signatures appearing on this lease are the same as handwritten signatures for the purposes of validity, enforceability, and admissibility. NOTICE: Nebraska law requires landlords to disclose the presence of any known lead-based paint hazards in the dwelling prior to lease or rental. For more information, visit the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s website at www.epa.gov/lead.
If you’re exploring options for property ownership in Nebraska, you might also want to consider our Contract for Deed template after reviewing this Contract for Rental Property.