Remember, an effective lease agreement results in a fruitful and dispute-free rental relationship. So get started with ours today!
RESIDENTIAL LEASE AGREEMENTTHIS LEASE AGREEMENT (“Lease”) made and entered into this [Date] by and between [Landlord’s Name], a [Individual/Corporation] with its principal office located at [Landlord’s Address] (“Landlord”), and [Tenant’s Name] of [Tenant’s Address] (“Tenant”).
1. PREMISESLandlord rents to Tenant and Tenant rents from Landlord, the premises located at [Property Address]. The premises will be used for residential purposes only.
2. TERMThe initial term of this Lease will begin on [Start Date], and will end on [End Date]. Thereafter, the Lease will continue on a month-to-month basis until either Landlord or Tenant terminate this Lease with written notice.
3. RENTTenant agrees to pay [Monthly Rent] per month, due on the 1st day of each calendar month.
4. SECURITY DEPOSITUpon execution of this Lease, Tenant will deposit with Landlord the sum of [Security Deposit] as security for any damage caused to the Premises during the term hereof.
5. MAINTENANCE AND REPAIRTenant will keep the Premises in clean, sanitary, and good condition. If any damage beyond normal wear and tear is caused to the Premises by Tenant or Tenant’s guests, Tenant will pay for any such damage.
6. INSURANCETenant is responsible for having sufficient insurance to cover all personal property located on the Premises. Landlord is not responsible for any loss of Tenant’s personal property.
7. PETSUnless otherwise provided in Mississippi law, no pets shall be allowed on the Premises without the prior written consent of the Landlord.
8. COMPLIANCE WITH LAWTenant agrees to comply with all local, state, and federal laws and regulations related to the use and occupancy of the Premises.
9. DEFAULTIf Tenant fails to comply with any of the material provisions of this Lease, Landlord may terminate this Lease upon providing proper notice to Tenant.
10. GOVERNING LAWThis Lease shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the state of Mississippi. LANDLORD: [Landlord’s Name] Signature: _________________________ Date: _______________ TENANT: [Tenant’s Name] Signature: _________________________ Date: _______________
If you’re interested in a more permanent solution after renting, consider using our Contract for Deed Template for purchasing property in Mississippi.