RESIDENTIAL LEASE AGREEMENTTHIS LEASE AGREEMENT (“Lease”) made and entered into this ___ day of ___, 20___ (the “Effective Date”), by and between ____________ of _____________ (hereinafter “Landlord”), and _____________ of ______________ (hereinafter “Tenant(s)”).
1. PREMISES:Landlord rents to Tenant and Tenant rents from Landlord, the premises located at _____________. The premises will be used for residential purposes only.
2. TERM:The initial term of this Lease will start on _____, 20___, and will terminate on _____, 20___. Thereafter, the Lease will continue on a month-to-month basis until either Landlord or Tenant terminate this Lease with written notice.
3. RENT:Tenant agrees to pay $____ per month, due on the 1st day of each calendar month.
4. SECURITY DEPOSIT:Upon execution of this Lease, Tenant will deposit with Landlord the sum of $____ as security for any damage caused to the Premises during the term hereof.
5. MAINTENANCE AND REPAIR:Tenant will keep the Premises in clean, sanitary, and good condition.
6. INSURANCE:Tenant is responsible for having sufficient insurance to cover all personal property located on the Premises. Landlord will not be responsible for any damage to Tenant’s personal property.
7. PETS:No pets will be allowed on the Premises without the prior written consent of the Landlord.
8. QUIET ENJOYMENT:Tenant agrees to conduct himself, and require other persons on the Premises with Tenant’s consent, to conduct themselves in a manner that will not disturb others’ peaceful enjoyment of the Premises.
9. DEFAULT:If Tenant fails to comply with any of the material provisions of this Lease, or of any present rules and regulations governing the Premises, Landlord may terminate this Lease upon providing proper notice to Tenant.
10. GOVERNING LAW:This Lease shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Maryland.
11. ENTIRE AGREEMENT:This Lease contains the complete agreement between Landlord and Tenant and cannot be changed except by written agreement. LANDLORD: ___________________ Date: _________ Landlord Name TENANT(s): ___________________ Date: _________ Tenant Name (Note: This lease agreement does not take into account specific county or city regulations within the state of Maryland, which may require additional or differing terms. It is recommended to consult with a real estate attorney or professional before using this template.)
If you’re interested in purchasing rather than renting, consider using a Contract for Deed Template for Maryland for a more streamlined real estate transaction.