LOUISIANA RESIDENTIAL LEASE AGREEMENTThis Residential Lease Agreement (hereinafter referred to as the “Agreement”) is entered into this ______day of _______, 20_____ (the “Effective Date”), by and between ______________________ (hereinafter referred to as the “Landlord”) and ______________________ (hereinafter referred to as the “Tenant”) (collectively referred to as the “Parties”).
1. PREMISESThe Landlord rents to Tenant and Tenant rents from Landlord, the premises located at ____________. The premises will be used for residential purposes only.
2. TERMThe initial term of this Lease will begin on ________________, and will end on ______________. Thereafter, the Lease will continue on a month-to-month basis until either Landlord or Tenant terminate this Lease with written notice.
3. RENTTenant agrees to pay $______ per month, due on the 1st day of each calendar month.
4. SECURITY DEPOSITUpon execution of this Lease, Tenant will deposit with Landlord the sum of $______ as security for any damage caused to the Premises during the term hereof.
5. REPAIR AND MAINTENANCETenant will keep the premises in clean, sanitary, and good condition.
6. INSURANCETenant will maintain a sufficient amount of coverage to cover all personal property located on the Premises.
7. PETSNo pets will be allowed on the Premises without the prior written consent of the Landlord.
8. DEFAULTIf Tenant fails to comply with any of the material provisions of this Agreement, or of any present rules and regulations governing the Premises, Landlord may terminate this Agreement upon providing proper notice to Tenant.
9. GOVERNING LAWThis Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of State of Louisiana.
10. ENTIRE AGREEMENTThis Agreement contains the entire agreement of the Parties and there are no other promises, conditions, understandings or other agreements, whether oral or written, relating to the subject matter of this Agreement. IN WITNESS WHEREOF, the Parties have executed this Lease as of the Effective Date. ______________________ ______________ Landlord Signature Date ______________________ ______________ Tenant Signature Date
If you’re also interested in purchasing property in the state, check out this Louisiana Contract For Deed Template which can simplify the buying process.