RESIDENTIAL LEASE AGREEMENTTHIS LEASE AGREEMENT (“Lease”) made and entered into this [Date], by and between [Landlord’s Legal Name], of [Landlord’s Address] (hereinafter “Landlord”), and [Tenant’s Legal Name/s], of [Tenant’s Current Address] (hereinafter “Tenant”).
1. PREMISESLandlord rents to Tenant and Tenant rents from Landlord, the premises located at [Property Address]. The premises will be used for residential purposes only.
2. TERMThe initial term of this Lease will begin on [Start Date] and will continue until [End Date]. Thereafter it will continue on a month-to-month basis until either Landlord or Tenant terminate this Lease with written notice.
3. RENTTenant agrees to pay $[Monthly Rent] per month, due on the 1st day of each calendar month.
4. SECURITY DEPOSITUpon execution of this Lease, Tenant will deposit with Landlord the sum of $[Security Deposit] as security for any damage caused to the Premises during the term hereof.
5. REPAIR AND MAINTENANCETenant will keep the Premises in clean, sanitary, and good condition.
6. INSURANCETenant is responsible for having sufficient insurance to cover all personal property located on the Premises.
7. PETSNo pets will be allowed on the Premises without the prior written consent of the Landlord.
8. DEFAULTIf Tenant fails to comply with any of the material provisions of this Lease, or of any present rules and regulations, Landlord may terminate this Lease upon providing proper notice to Tenant.
9. BINDING EFFECTThis Lease is binding upon and inures to the benefit of the Parties and their respective heirs, executors, administrators, successors and assigns.
10. GOVERNING LAWThis Lease will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Kansas. LANDLORD: Signature: ____________________ [Landlord’s Legal Name] Date: [Date] TENANT: Signature: ____________________ [Tenant’s Legal Name] Date: [Date] Note: This is a simple lease agreement and does not address all potential issues that may arise. It is recommended to have this agreement reviewed by an attorney before it is signed.
After arranging the “Contract For Rental Property (Kansas)”, you might find our Contract for Deed Template (Kansas) useful for selling or purchasing real estate in Kansas.