Please feel free to download and tailor it as per your requirements.
RESIDENTIAL LEASE AGREEMENTThis Residential Lease Agreement (the “Lease”) made this INSERT DATE, by and between INSERT LANDLORD NAME (the “Landlord”), and INSERT TENANT NAME (the “Tenant”).
1. PREMISESThe Landlord rents to Tenant and Tenant rents from Landlord, the premises located at INSERT PROPERTY ADDRESS.
2. TERMThe initial term of this Lease will begin on INSERT LEASE START DATE and will end on INSERT LEASE END DATE. Thereafter, the Lease will continue on a month-to-month basis until either Landlord or Tenant terminate this Lease with written notice.
3. RENTTenant will pay to Landlord the amount of INSERT RENT AMOUNT per month, due on the 1st day of each calendar month.
4. SECURITY DEPOSITUpon execution of this Lease, Tenant will deposit with Landlord the sum of INSERT SECURITY DEPOSIT AMOUNT as security for any damage caused to the Premises during the term hereof.
5. USE OF PREMISESThe premises shall be used and occupied by Tenant exclusively as a private single family residence.
6. REPAIR AND MAINTENANCETenant will keep the Premises in clean, sanitary, and good condition.
7. INSURANCETenant will maintain adequate insurance to cover all personal property located on the Premises.
8. DEFAULTIf Tenant fails to comply with any of the material provisions of this Lease, Landlord may terminate this Lease upon providing proper notice to Tenant.
9. GOVERNING LAWThis Lease shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the state of Illinois.
10. ENTIRE AGREEMENTThis Lease contains the entire agreement of the parties and there are no other promises, conditions, understandings or other agreements, whether oral or written, relating to the subject matter of this Lease. LANDLORD: INSERT LANDLORD NAME Signature: ______________________ Date: ______________________ TENANT: INSERT TENANT NAME Signature: ______________________ Date: ______________________ The parties hereby signify their agreement to the terms and conditions above by their signatures affixed below on the dates indicated. Please note that this Lease template does not account for all the legal requirements of a residential lease in Illinois and it is strongly recommended that you consult with legal counsel before using this Lease.
If you’re interested in property transactions beyond just rental, you may also find our Contract for Deed Template for Illinois useful for more complex transactions.