RESIDENTIAL LEASE AGREEMENTTHIS RESIDENTIAL LEASE AGREEMENT (the “Lease”) made this ______ day of ______, ______, by and between ______ of ______ (the “Landlord”), and ______, of ______ (the “Tenant”).
1. PREMISESThe Landlord leases to the Tenant the premises located at ______, together with any personal property located thereon (the “Premises”). The Premises will be used for residential purposes only.
2. TERMThis Lease begins on ______ and continues until ______, unless it is extended or terminated earlier in accordance with this Lease (the “Term”).
3. RENTThe Tenant will pay a monthly rent of ______ dollars, payable on the first day of each calendar month.
4. SECURITY DEPOSITOn execution of this Lease, the Tenant will deposit with the Landlord the sum of ______ dollars as security for the performance by the Tenant of the terms of this Lease.
5. MAINTENANCE AND REPAIRThe Tenant will keep the Premises in clean, sanitary, and good condition.
6. INSURANCEThe Tenant is responsible for having sufficient insurance to cover all personal property located on the Premises. The Landlord is not responsible for any loss of Tenant’s property.
7. PETSNo pets will be allowed on the Premises without the prior written consent of the Landlord.
8. DEFAULTIf the Tenant fails to comply with any of the material provisions of this Lease or of any present rules and regulations governing the Premises, the Landlord may terminate this Lease upon providing proper notice to the Tenant.
9. GOVERNING LAWThis Lease shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Hawaii.
10. AMENDMENT OF LEASE AGREEMENTThis Lease may be amended or modified only by a written agreement signed by both the Landlord and the Tenant.
ENTIRE AGREEMENTThis Lease contains the complete agreement between Landlord and Tenant and cannot be changed except by written agreement. LANDLORD:
______ Please note that this contract must be in compliance with all Fair Housing Act regulations and any other laws applicable to the State of Hawaii. This contract is not intended to supersede or violate any such laws. Both parties should consult with a legal professional before entering into a binding contract.
If you’re interested in purchasing property in Hawaii, you might also want to check out this Contract For Deed Template Hawaii after finalizing your Contract For Rental Property.