RESIDENTIAL LEASE AGREEMENTTHIS AGREEMENT is made and entered into this Day of Month, Year, by and between Landlord’s Name, hereinafter “Landlord,” and Tenant’s Name, hereinafter “Tenant(s).”
1. RENTAL PROPERTY:Landlord rents to Tenant and Tenant rents from Landlord, the premises located at Property Address. The property will be used for residential purposes only.
2. TERM:The initial term of this Lease will begin on Start Date, and will end on End Date. Thereafter, the Lease will continue on a month-to-month basis until either Landlord or Tenant terminate this Lease with written notice.
3. RENT:Tenant agrees to pay $Rent Amount per month, due on the 1st day of each calendar month.
4. SECURITY DEPOSIT:Upon execution of this Lease, Tenant will deposit with Landlord the sum of $Security Deposit Amount as security for any damage caused to the Property during the term hereof.
5. REPAIR AND MAINTENANCE:Tenant will keep the Property and all appliances in clean, sanitary, and good condition.
6. INSURANCE:Tenant is responsible for having sufficient insurance to cover all personal property located on the Property.
7. PETS:No pets will be allowed on the Property without the prior written consent of the Landlord.
8. DEFAULT:If Tenant fails to comply with any of the material provisions of this Agreement, or of any present rules and regulations governing the Property, Landlord may terminate this Agreement upon providing proper notice to Tenant.
9. GOVERNING LAW:This Agreement is governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the state of Georgia.
10. ENTIRE AGREEMENT:This Agreement contains the entire agreement of the parties and there are no other promises, conditions, understandings or other agreements, whether oral or written, relating to the subject matter of this Agreement.
LANDLORD:Landlord’s Name ______________________ Signature Date
TENANT:Tenant’s Name ______________________ Signature Date Note: This Lease Agreement should be maintained in the personal records of both the Landlord and Tenant for the duration of the Lease and for three years thereafter, in accordance with Georgia law.
If you’re entering into a rental property agreement in Georgia, it’s also worthwhile to familiarize yourself with the details of a Contract For Deed Template (Georgia) as this might be a useful legal document in the future.