Whether you’re a landlord or tenant, this rental property contract ensures that both parties understand their rights and responsibilities in a residential property agreement.
Enjoy the freedom to download and customize this agreement for renting property, making it an easy-to-use foundation for your property rental needs.
1. PARTIESThis Rental Agreement (“Agreement”) made and entered into this [Date], by and between [Name of Landlord], of [Address of Landlord], Florida (“Landlord”), and [Name of Tenant(s)], of [Current Address of Tenant(s)] (“Tenant”).
2. PROPERTYLandlord rents to Tenant and Tenant rents from Landlord, the premises located at [Property Address]. The property will be referred to as “the Property”.
3. TERMThe initial term of this Lease will begin on [Start Date], and will terminate on [End Date]. Thereafter, the Lease will continue on a month-to-month basis unless and until either Landlord or Tenant terminate this Agreement with written notice.
4. RENTTenant agrees to pay [Amount] per month, due on the 1st day of each calendar month.
5. SECURITY DEPOSITUpon the execution of this Agreement, Tenant will deposit with Landlord the sum of [Security Deposit Amount] as security for any damage caused to the Property during the term hereof.
6. QUIET ENJOYMENTTenant will conduct himself, and require other persons on the Property with Tenant’s consent, to conduct themselves in a manner that will not disturb others’ peaceful enjoyment of the Property.
7. REPAIR AND MAINTENANCETenant will keep the Property and all appliances in clean, sanitary, and good condition.
8. INSURANCETenant is responsible for having sufficient insurance to cover all personal property located on the Property. Landlord will not be responsible for any loss of Tenant’s personal property.
9. PETSNo pets will be allowed on the Property without the prior written consent of the Landlord.
10. DEFAULTIf Tenant fails to comply with any of the material provisions of this Agreement, or of any present rules and regulations governing the Property, Landlord may terminate this Agreement upon providing proper notice to Tenant.
11. GOVERNING LAWThis Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the state of Florida.
12. ENTIRE AGREEMENTThis Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the parties and supersedes any prior understanding or representation of any kind preceding the date of this Agreement.
LANDLORD______________________ [Landlord’s Name] Date: ______________
TENANT______________________ [Tenant’s Name] Date: ______________ This contract is not intended as legal advice and must be revised and adapted to meet the specific needs of the landlord and tenant. Always consult with a lawyer before entering into a legal agreement.
If you’re considering the purchase of a property that you’ve been renting, you may also want to review this Contract for Deed Template for Florida as it provides a detailed legal agreement.