Your hassle-free path to creating an efficient, legally binding rental agreement starts here.
RESIDENTIAL LEASE AGREEMENTTHIS LEASE AGREEMENT (“Lease”) made and entered into this __ day of _____, 20__, by and between ______, whose address is ______ (hereinafter “Landlord”), and ______, whose address is ______ (hereinafter “Tenant(s)”).
1. PREMISESThe Landlord rents to Tenant and Tenant rents from Landlord the premises located at ______. The premises will be used for residential purposes only.
2. TERMThe initial term of this Lease will begin on ______ and will end on ______. Thereafter, the Lease will continue on a month-to-month basis until either Landlord or Tenant terminate this Lease with written notice.
3. RENTTenant agrees to pay ______ per month, due on the 1st day of each calendar month.
4. SECURITY DEPOSITUpon execution of this Lease, Tenant will deposit with Landlord the sum of ______ as security for any damage caused to the Premises during the term hereof.
5. QUIET ENJOYMENTTenant shall conduct himself, and require other persons on the Premises with Tenant’s consent, to conduct themselves in a manner that will not disturb others’ peaceful enjoyment of the Premises.
6. DEFAULTIf Tenant fails to comply with any of the material provisions of this Lease or of any present rules and regulations governing the Premises, Landlord may terminate this Lease upon providing proper notice to Tenant.
7. MAINTENANCE AND REPAIRTenant will keep the Premises in clean, sanitary, and good condition. If Tenant damages the Premises or any part of the common areas, Tenant agrees to pay for any necessary repairs or replacements.
8. INSURANCETenant is responsible for having sufficient insurance to cover all personal property located on the Premises. Landlord will not be liable for any loss of Tenant’s property.
9. PETSNo pets will be allowed on the Premises without the prior written consent of the Landlord.
10. GOVERNING LAWThis Lease shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Alabama.
LANDLORD:______ Date: ______
TENANT:______ Date: ______ **By signing below, the parties agree to the terms and conditions of this agreement and acknowledge receipt of a copy of this Lease. **This contract is not intended to create a legal relationship of any kind between the tenant and the landlord’s property manager or any other tenant.
If you’re exploring rental properties in Alabama, you might also need to familiarize yourself with the process of buying property through a contract for deed. Learn more about this process by visiting this Contract for Deed Template (Alabama).