Our legal document is designed to make the complex process of real estate transactions in Wisconsin simpler. It’s an editable template that you can download and adapt according to your specific needs.
CONTRACT FOR DEEDTHIS AGREEMENT is made and entered into this [DAY] day of [MONTH], [YEAR], by and between [SELLER’S NAME] hereinafter referred as “Seller”, whose address is [SELLER’S ADDRESS] and [BUYER’S NAME], hereinafter referred as “Buyer”, whose address is [BUYER’S ADDRESS].
1. TERMS OF SALEThe Seller agrees to sell, and the Buyer agrees to buy the property located at [PROPERTY ADDRESS], Wisconsin, legally described as follows: [LEGAL DESCRIPTION OF THE PROPERTY]. The purchase price is [PURCHASE PRICE] Dollars ($[NUMBER]), payable as follows: [PAYMENT TERMS].
2. TAXES AND ASSESSMENTSAll taxes, assessments, and other charges against the property for the current year and thereafter shall be paid by the Buyer.
3. INSURANCEThe Buyer shall keep the premises insured against loss by fire and other hazards included within the standard extended coverage endorsement for the benefit of the parties as their interests may appear.
4. MAINTENANCE AND REPAIRThe Buyer shall maintain the property in good condition and shall not commit waste, nor shall Buyer make any changes in the property without written consent of Seller.
5. DEED AND EVIDENCE OF TITLEUpon payment in full of the purchase price, the Seller shall deliver to Buyer a warranty deed conveying the property, free and clear of all liens and encumbrances, except as otherwise provided in this contract and any previously agreed upon restrictions and easements of record.
6. DEFAULTIn case of default by Buyer, Seller may declare the entire unpaid balance under this contract immediately due and payable.
7. GOVERNING LAWThis Contract For Deed shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Wisconsin.
8. ENTIRE AGREEMENTThis Contract contains the entire agreement of the parties and there are no other promises, conditions, understandings or other agreements, whether oral or written, relating to the subject matter of this Contract. IN WITNESS WHEREOF, the parties have executed this Agreement at [LOCATION], Wisconsin on the date first above written. _____________________________
Buyer Note: This is a basic template for a Contract for Deed in Wisconsin. It is strongly recommended that both parties consult with an attorney before entering into any contract or agreement. This contract may not be suitable for all circumstances.