This rental contract has been created by professionals, ensuring all critical points are covered. Respectively, you have the option to download, edit, and adapt this agreement template to suit your needs. By doing so, you can confidently establish your tenant agreement without any hassle.
Our lease form is an essential starting point for everyone looking to build a strong foundation for their commercial lease dealings.
THIS COMMERCIAL LEASE AGREEMENTThis Commercial Lease Agreement (“Agreement”) is entered into this [DAY] day of [MONTH], [YEAR], by and between [LANDLORD NAME], having its principal place of business at [LANDLORD ADDRESS] (“Landlord”), and [TENANT NAME], having its principal place of business at [TENANT ADDRESS] (“Tenant”).
1. PREMISESThe Landlord hereby leases to the Tenant and the Tenant rents from the Landlord the premises situated in the City of [CITY], State of Rhode Island, commonly known as [PROPERTY ADDRESS], together with any personal property located thereon (collectively, the “Premises”).
2. TERMThe term of this Lease shall commence on [START DATE] and shall continue until [END DATE], unless earlier terminated as provided herein.
3. RENT[TENANT NAME] shall pay to [LANDLORD NAME] the sum of [RENT AMOUNT] per month, payable on the first day of each calendar month.
4. SECURITY DEPOSITUpon execution of this Agreement, Tenant will deposit with Landlord the sum of [SECURITY DEPOSIT AMOUNT] as security for Tenant’s faithful performance of its obligations under this Agreement.
5. USE OF PREMISESThe Premises shall be used for [SPECIFIED USE]. Tenant shall comply with all laws, rules, ordinances, and regulations of any local, state, or federal governmental authority.
6. REPAIR AND MAINTENANCETenant will keep the Premises in clean, sanitary, and good condition. If Tenant fails to do so, Landlord may, at its option, enter upon the Premises and put the same in good order, condition, and repair and the costs thereof shall be paid by Tenant as additional rent.
7. INSURANCETenant will maintain at its expense a policy of liability insurance with a limit of not less than [INSURANCE AMOUNT] per occurrence.
8. ASSIGNMENT AND SUBLETTINGTenant shall not assign this Agreement or sublet the Premises without the prior written consent of Landlord.
9. DEFAULTIf Tenant defaults in the payment of rent, or breaches any of the covenants and conditions herein contained, Landlord may terminate this Agreement upon providing written notice to Tenant.
10. QUIET ENJOYMENTTenant shall conduct its business and control its agents, employees, invitees and/or visitors in such a manner as not to create any nuisance, or interfere with, annoy or disturb any other tenant or Landlord in its operation of the building.
11. COMPLIANCE WITH LAWTenant shall, at Tenant’s expense, comply fully with all municipal, state and federal laws, ordinances and regulations affecting the Premises and its occupancy and use by Tenant.
12. GOVERNING LAWThis Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Rhode Island.
13. ENTIRE AGREEMENTThis Agreement contains the entire agreement of the parties and there are no other promises, conditions, understandings or other agreements, whether oral or written, relating to the subject matter of this Agreement.
14. SIGNATURESBy their respective signatures below, the parties hereby bind themselves to this agreement upon Landlord’s delivery of possession of the Premises to Tenant. LANDLORD: [LANDLORD NAME] ______________________________ Date: ___________ TENANT: [TENANT NAME] ______________________________ Date: ___________ This lease agreement is subject to Rhode Island state law, including but not limited to Rhode Island General Laws Title 34, Chapter 18 (Residential Landlord and Tenant Act) and Title 34, Chapter 31 (Commercial Leasing and Other Estates).
If you’re in the market for a Commercial Lease Agreement Template for Rhode Island, you might also find these other Rhode Island contract templates useful.
For instance, take a look at the Contract for Deed Template if you’re contemplating a transaction involving a deed. Or, if you’re a landlord or tenant, the Contract for Rental Property could be exactly what you need.
Interested in buying or selling real estate? You won’t want to miss our Contract for Sale of Real Estate.
Possibly, you’re in a situation where room rental is involved, in which case, our Room Rental Agreement Template will come in handy. And lastly, for those dealing with property occupancy issues, take advantage of our Occupancy Agreement Template. Each of these comprehensive tools can make your property transactions in Rhode Island smoother and more well-defined.