The template is fully downloadable and editable, permitting you to adjust the contents according to your needs. Save time and effort by using our convenient template as a basis for your own personalized commercial lease agreement.
Commercial Lease AgreementThis Commercial Lease Agreement (“Lease”) is made and effective ______ [Date] ______, by and between ______ [Landlord’s Name] ______ (hereinafter “Landlord”) and ______ [Tenant’s Name] ______ (hereinafter “Tenant”).
1. PremisesLandlord rents to Tenant and Tenant rents from Landlord, the premises located at ______ [Property Address] ______. The premises will be used for ______ [Purpose of the Property] ______.
2. TermThe initial term of this Lease begins on ______ [Lease Start Date] ______, and will end on ______ [Lease End Date] ______. Thereafter the lease shall continue on a month-to-month basis until either Landlord or Tenant terminate this Lease with written notice.
3. RentTenant agrees to pay $______ [Monthly Rent] ______ per month, due on the 1st day of each calendar month.
4. Security DepositUpon the execution of this Lease, Tenant will deposit with Landlord the sum of $______ [Security Deposit Amount] ______ as security for Tenant’s faithful performance of its obligations under this Lease.
5. Use of PremisesThe premises shall be used for the purpose of ______ [Business Type] ______. The premises shall not be used for any other purpose without the prior written consent of the Landlord.
6. Repairs and MaintenanceTenant will keep the premises, fixtures, and appurtenances in clean, sanitary, and good condition.
7. InsuranceTenant will maintain, at its expense, liability insurance in an amount not less than ______ [Amount] ______ per occurrence.
8. Compliance with LawsTenant shall comply with all laws, orders, ordinances and other public requirements now or hereafter affecting the Premises.
9. DefaultIf Tenant fails to comply with any of the material provisions of this Lease or of any present rules and regulations and procedures, Landlord may terminate this Lease upon providing written notice to Tenant.
10. Dispute ResolutionIn accordance to New Jersey law, any disputes arising out of the Lease Agreement shall be resolved through arbitration, unless both parties mutually agree to a different form of resolution.
11. MiscellaneousThis Lease Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the state of New Jersey.
12. Entire AgreementThis Lease contains the entire agreement of the parties and there are no other promises, conditions, understandings or other agreements, whether oral or written, relating to the subject matter of this Lease.
[Landlord’s Name] _____________________________________
[Tenant’s Name] Date: ______ [Date] ______ This Lease Agreement is intended to comply with all applicable laws, including, but not limited to the New Jersey Truth-in-Renting Act (N.J.S.A. 46:8-44 et seq.), the New Jersey Security Deposit Act (N.J.S.A. 46:8-19 et seq.), and the New Jersey Consumer Fraud Act (N.J.S.A. 56:8-1 et seq.). If any provision of this Lease is found to be in violation of any applicable law, such provision shall be considered void to the extent that it is in violation of such law, but the remainder of the Lease shall remain in full force and effect.
If you’re looking for real estate related legal templates in New Jersey, you might be interested in exploring these links.
Planning to buy a property on an installment basis? Check out our Contract for Deed Template specialized for New Jersey.
Are you leasing out your property? Here is the perfect Contract for Rental Property that adheres to New Jersey’s laws.
Selling your real estate property? Don’t forget to use our Contract for Sale of Real Estate Template designed specifically for New Jersey transactions.
Renting out a room in your house? Our Room Rental Agreement Template, catering New Jersey’s law will help you secure your interests.
Looking for a temporary place to stay? You might need this Occupancy Agreement Template that follows New Jersey’s housing regulations.