COMMERCIAL LEASE AGREEMENTTHIS LEASE AGREEMENT (“Lease”) made and entered into this INSERT DATE by and between INSERT LANDLORD’S FULL LEGAL NAME (“Landlord”), legally conducting business within the State of Hawaii, and INSERT TENANT’S FULL LEGAL NAME (“Tenant”), collectively referred to as the “Parties”.
1. PREMISESLandlord hereby leases to Tenant and Tenant rents from Landlord, the premises located at INSERT PREMISES ADDRESS. The premises will be used for INSERT USE OF PREMISES.
2. TERMThe initial term of this Lease will begin on INSERT LEASE START DATE and will terminate on INSERT LEASE END DATE unless otherwise terminated earlier as provided herein.
3. RENTTenant agrees to pay INSERT MONTHLY RENT AMOUNT per month, due on the first day of each calendar month.
4. SECURITY DEPOSITUpon execution of this Lease, Tenant will deposit with Landlord the sum of INSERT SECURITY DEPOSIT AMOUNT as security for Tenant’s obligations under this Lease.
5. REPAIR AND MAINTENANCETenant will keep the Premises in good, clean, and tenantable condition. Landlord will be responsible for structural repairs to the Premises unless caused by Tenant’s misuse or neglect.
6. INSURANCETenant will maintain comprehensive general liability insurance, and if necessary, casualty insurance. Landlord will be named as an additional insured on Tenant’s policies.
7. COMPLIANCE WITH LAWThe Tenant shall comply with all laws, ordinances, and rules relating to the use, occupancy, and preservation of the Premises, including the Hawaii Landlord-Tenant Code.
8. DEFAULTIf Tenant fails to comply with any of the provisions of this Lease, Landlord may terminate this Lease upon providing proper notice to Tenant.
9. ASSIGNMENT AND SUBLETTINGTenant will not sublet any part of the Premises or assign this Lease without the prior written consent of the Landlord.
10. INDEMNIFICATIONTenant will indemnify and hold Landlord harmless from any liability, loss, cost, damage, or expense arising out of Tenant’s use of the Premises.
11. DISPUTE RESOLUTIONIn the event of a dispute, the Parties agree to participate in good faith in mediation prior to commencing any legal action. This Lease will be governed by and interpreted according to the laws of the State of Hawaii.
12. ENTIRE AGREEMENTThis Lease contains the complete agreement between Landlord and Tenant and cannot be changed except by written agreement.
LANDLORD:______________________________ INSERT LANDLORD NAME
Signature: ______________________ Date: _________
TENANT:______________________________ INSERT TENANT NAME
Signature: ______________________ Date: _________ NOTE: Hawaii law requires landlords to provide tenants with a receipt for the security deposit. Additionally, landlords may not charge more than one month’s rent for the security deposit. Please consult with a local attorney or property management company to ensure this lease agreement complies with local and state laws.
If you’re in the process of arranging a large-scale business deal in Hawaii, our Commercial Lease Agreement Template can be instrumental in safeguarding your interests. After all, it’s not every day that you strike a commercial lease deal!
However, if you’re contemplating a residential property transaction, Hawaii has several options for you to consider. You might want to check out our comprehensive Contract for Sale of Real Estate in Hawaii, which clearly delineates terms for a seamless property sale procedure.
Moreover, if you are an aspiring homeowner who prefers to purchase a property via instalments, our Contract for Deed Template Hawaii can guide you towards a stress-free transaction.
For those who are looking at rental options, we have the Contract for Rental Property Hawaii as well as the Room Rental Agreement Template Hawaii, catering to both whole property and individual room rentals.
Lastly, whether it’s for a short business trip or an extended stay, have a look at our clear-cut Occupancy Agreement Template Hawaii. This provides users with legally binding guidelines to ensure a smooth stay. Explore our templates today and secure your property dealings in Hawaii!