COMMERCIAL LEASE AGREEMENTThis Commercial Lease Agreement (“Lease”) is entered into on this __________ day of ________, 20______ (the “Effective Date”), by and between ____________ (“Landlord”), and ____________ (“Tenant”).
1. PREMISESLandlord hereby leases to Tenant and Tenant hereby rents from Landlord the premises located at ____________, together with any personal property located thereon (the “Premises”). The Premises will be used for ________________.
2. TERMThe initial term of this Lease will begin on ____________, and will end on ____________. Thereafter, the Lease will continue on a month-to-month basis until either Landlord or Tenant terminate this Lease with written notice.
3. RENTTenant shall pay to Landlord the amount of $_______ per month, due on the 1st day of each calendar month.
4. SECURITY DEPOSITUpon execution of this Lease, Tenant will deposit with Landlord the sum of $_____ as security for Tenant’s faithful performance of Tenant’s obligations under this Lease.
5. REPAIR AND MAINTENANCETenant will keep the Premises in clean, sanitary, and good condition. If Tenant fails to do so, Landlord can enter the Premises to make necessary repairs and Tenant will be responsible for the cost of such repairs.
6. INSURANCETenant will maintain a policy of comprehensive general liability insurance with limits of liability not less than $1,000,000 per occurrence.
7. DEFAULTIf Tenant fails to comply with any of the material provisions of this Lease or of any present rules and regulations, Landlord may terminate this Lease upon providing Tenant with a written notice of such default.
8. INDEMNIFICATIONTenant will indemnify and hold Landlord harmless from and against any and all claims arising from Tenant’s use of the Premises or from any activity, work, or thing done by Tenant on the Premises.
9. ASSIGNMENT AND SUBLETTINGTenant will not sublet any part of the Premises or assign this Lease without the prior written consent of the Landlord.
10. GOVERNING LAWThis Lease will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the state of Georgia.
11. ENTIRE AGREEMENTThis Lease contains the complete agreement between Landlord and Tenant and cannot be changed except by written agreement.
SIGNATURESLandlord: ____________ Date: ________ Tenant: ____________ Date: ________
This Lease Agreement is made under the laws of Georgia, which may have different laws and regulations from other states. The parties declare that they have read and understand this Lease and that they are aware of their rights and obligations under Georgia law.
Note: The State of Georgia requires a landlord to give a tenant at least 60 days’ notice before increasing rent or changing any other term of a periodic tenancy. (O.C.G.A. § 44-7-7).
The Commercial Lease Agreement Template Georgia perfectly complements other real estate agreements like the Contract for Deed Template Georgia which is an essential tool needed when dealing with property sales on installments. Also, our Contract for Rental Property Georgia is a must-have for landlords who want to be crystal clear about their rental terms.
If you’re dealing with property sales, our special Contract for Sale of Real Estate in Georgia is an ideal companion to your leasing agreement, ensuring all terms of sale are well-documented and legally binding. For those leasing rooms as opposed to whole properties, our Room Rental Agreement Template Georgia provides a clearly defined structure for such arrangements.
Finally, another important document that can work hand-in-hand with the Commercial Lease Agreement is the Occupancy Agreement Template Georgia. This can clearly lay out the terms and conditions of occupancy, complimenting the lease agreement and ensuring that all aspects are covered in unambiguous terms.